• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Henry county TN speed trap picture

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
I got one in Brantley, AL and it's actually ran by the municipality of Brantley and was signed by an officer. So I paid it... Even though the speed limit goes from 55 to 35 back to 55 all in about a mile. Was doing 42 in a 35. Worst speed trap town in AL.

I got one in the same place last year but it was a lady cop that pulled me over. 40 in a 35 about 50 yards from the 55mph sign. I was pissed!

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
I got one in Brantley, AL and it's actually ran by the municipality of Brantley and was signed by an officer. So I paid it... Even though the speed limit goes from 55 to 35 back to 55 all in about a mile. Was doing 42 in a 35. Worst speed trap town in AL.

you got lucky there is a 2 block section that is 25

See if outlawed, if not pay it and be done with it. Pay $50 for a ticket or pay $1000+ for lawyer and fees and missed work..... i'm not made of money so I know which one i'd pick.

IMHO.... speeding is illegal yes?.... it is illegal because it is dangerous yes? My speeding is dangerous enough to send me a bill in the mail but not dangerous enough to have a cop tell me to stop????? Bullshit.....

Next these speeding and redlight cameras are expressly illegal in the state of TN and are a violation of my constitutional right to confront my accuser in a fair trial....

It's not about being a crybaby.....

I'm sure in some areas it can be considered a scam and thrown in the garbage, but it appears it's not the same everywhere. I'd be making damn sure of the risk before I threw one away that was received in an area I'm unfamiliar with.

gottagofast said:
IMHO.... speeding is illegal yes?.... it is illegal because it is dangerous yes? My speeding is dangerous enough to send me a bill in the mail but not dangerous enough to have a cop tell me to stop????? Bullshit.....

Next these speeding and redlight cameras are expressly illegal in the state of TN and are a violation of my constitutional right to confront my accuser in a fair trial....

It's not about being a crybaby.....

True. And maybe it's because I don't care enough to go court over one and spend all the excess money over a $50 ticket. Pay $1000 + on something that would have cost me $50 + stamp. :dunno:

I got 2 in the same location one is am the other is pm. On the back it says it will not go against my license, credit, or insurance rates.

I am thinking on a way to legally pay but make it VERY aggravating for the county/state that is not allowing me the opportunity to face my accuser. The return address is in Chattanooga.

Dont like "big brother" seeing what im doing that is "unsafe" and not taking action then. I could have gone faster and killed more people with my reckless driving. No use sending me a ticket 15-16 days after it has happened, I have already commited the deed and "dead" from my carelessness.

I will try to get a pic of the "fine" print on the back, so you can see why I am hesitating.

TacomaJD said:
How much are they? $50 a piece?

Yes, its not the amount it is the point they didnt do something then, and it took over 14days before I was fined.

This statement alone makes the ticket uncollectable.

"Holt contends the companies operating traffic cameras under contract with Tennessee cities are themselves violating a provision of state law that says only a commissioned law enforcement officer can review video or photos of drivers running red lights or speeding to determine whether any violation occurs."

Throw in trash. They will send a follow up, read that and assess from there. The idea that you should just pay "because it's only $50" is how these scams continue on.

I've also known people that have written back saying they were not diving the vehicle (assuming you are not visible in the picture) and it went away at that point. The whole deal is a racket. If you make it difficult for them to collect they will move on to the next idiot that will rubber stamp a $50 check to them.

I thought in Georgia the officer has to be seen for 500 feet and has to allow 10 mph over the limit except for State Patrol who are exempt from both of those laws???