• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

High Steer arm identification

Trailabite

I recently purchased a jeep that was built way back in 2000. I'm looking to install full hydro on it and need to install a high steer arm on the drivers side. I'm told that the knuckle and arm are custom machined by Badlands from back then, but I thought I would post a picture and see if by chance anyone may have one laying around in their garage or in an old storage bin lol.

The first picture shows what the top of the knuckle looks like and the second picture is of the arm on the passenger side.

Attachments

• 20210908_124420[1].jpg
    20210908_124420[1].jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 20210908_124508[1].jpg
    20210908_124508[1].jpg
    255 KB · Views: 184
I looked at that buggy, that front end was manufactured by "rockcrusher" the housing , inner and outer knuckles were all proprietary . I would pull the knuckle and take to a machinist and have one made.

I looked at that buggy, that front end was manufactured by "rockcrusher" the housing , inner and outer knuckles were all proprietary . I would pull the knuckle and take to a machinist and have one made.
Yeah, I didn't think I would find one, I was just hoping someone had one laying around lol.

That is a really old school Solid Axle Industries front end setup. They do not make those anymore, nor do they have any ability to. My old buggy had that setup on it, I bought every arm they had left in stock and slowly bent my way through them all - have since sold that buggy. What @ronnie j said - take it off and have one machined. It's not a difficult piece to make, shouldn't cost you much. One thing you'll want to do to keep them from bending is to make them double shear at the heim. I actually used an impact socket to catch the nut coming through, welded it to the "stock" steering arm location, and then gussetted it all up. Never bent one after doing that. Couldn't keep them straight before doing it