• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

high steer arms and turning angle

skipnrocks

So I have a dana 60 front and not super happy with the steering angles. I have the branik 40 spline stuff with the 50 degree milling, then I got blank high steer arms and put the holes towards the outside. My question is if I move the hole back an inch I would assume that would change the angle dramatically but not sure if that will mess with other stuff?

Re:

The way I set them up is, turn the knuckle full lock out until the ears of axles touch, move the knuckle out to give 1/8" clearance. Extend ram and measure a straight line, mark for hole.
I don't use steering stops, I setup the ram to be the stops to prevent it from over traveling the knuckle.

Is there a distance that is too short? I also was thinking this would speed my steering up slightly which would be a bonus. My steering lock to lock I think is 4-5 turns and in driving fast it can be difficult. So in theory it should change the angle faster with less turns.

Would you be able to shoot me a measurement for the length from center the king pin to center of the bolt hole on your setup?

Ive used arms with center kp to bolt in 5.5, 6.5, 7.5"
deb0fc3bdd4a0e92ffacd8b1888d4770.jpg

922325c117b1967a5b9968a87ede471a.jpg
e301d3618c001985439d5b50a2962bb2.jpg

I guess that will be good to check. I think my ram is pretty straight when the wheels are straight. which would mean I need a little longer arms. I have the artek truss kit.

what were the differences you noted with your different lengths. Which do you prefer and why?

Re:

The shorter arms were nice with clearanced shafts.
With Yukon's and Spicer's 7.5" has done great.
The pics above show the artec truss, but I didn't mount the ram mount until I verified like I mentioned above