• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hog hunting

Elliott

I've had the urge for a while to go hog hunting. Anyone know of any good places without having to drive to Texas?

If you ever make it to Northwest Louisiana, you can hunt out on my property for free. No limits, can kill hogs 24/7.

Yup. Hogs have made a real impact in our area. We have all kinds of hog hunting clubs around here. There are a lot of guys that lost their jobs in the old field and have been supplementing their incomes by killing hogs for farmers.

FYI - I never make an invite that I do not intend to uphold. A man wants to shoot some hogs then let him come and rip it up.

poolman said:
So how do these taste?

Pretty good in sausage. Could be a little gamey without the extra spice , but I wouldn't think twice about throwing some on a smoker.

Re: Re: Hog hunting

wgamble said:
Yup. Hogs have made a real impact in our area. We have all kinds of hog hunting clubs around here. There are a lot of guys that lost their jobs in the old field and have been supplementing their incomes by killing hogs for farmers.

FYI - I never make an invite that I do not intend to uphold. A man wants to shoot some hogs then let him come and rip it up.
You need to call Uncle Ted and the Pigman https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=P3KJO6bezFs

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Here in south Georgia I got buddies killem all the time. They trickier to kill than you think. Once a shot goes off they haul ass!! I`ve ate chops off a wild hog and they were pretty damn good. Sausage made with them is good to. Their really a complete nuisance animal. They`ll straight root up a peanut field, kill baby deer, and get yo ass to if you walk up on a sal with young.

Where can you go around wind rock? And what would it take for me (a Tennessean) to be legal in lousianna

Elliott said:
Where can you go around wind rock? And what would it take for me (a Tennessean) to be legal in lousianna

Your not supposed to hunt on Coal Creek land but they are surrounded by WMA's. Sundquist and Royal blue you can get to from the parking lot. Catossa I'll have to check on its only open on certain dates.

Demopolis Alabama has some. I have a buddy who lives there and was going to take me hunting. I asked what kinda gun I needed to bring and he said a KBar, that guns were for women and children. Pretty much anyone who has them will let you kill them. 7-9 piglets per litter and three litters per year, they are a nuisance and are bad news for pretty much everyone!!! Anybody wanna go to Louisiana?

If the plan is to keep meat, I will assist in the slaughter of said vermin. Wgamble, I will work with KMCMINN on making this a reality.

ccf03d85cb19aaf742011f733ca36391.jpg

2b95563c0ef2b5a23acac075dbf3088d.jpg

4f7ca30e51a63c839c4cdc6b1dfd69e0.jpg

080912ce71136373d798b022a97f7ff2.jpg

0470a3e3db02869e3460a2c8ac9125f0.jpg

Long story short a guy a few hundred acres through some bottoms from my house had 4 get out at the beginning of this year. Those 4 multiplied big time and between myself and my neighbor we've killed 11 for sure and he's shot a few that he never tracked down. Started ruining some corn fields behind the house then they trashed his yard for a week or so before he finally got them ran off, then started on ours. I killed several and haven't seen them back in my area in the past month and a half or so but I'm sure they'll come back. Definitely destructive. So they may not be truly wild but close enough. Pics are from my yard before I popped a few. Definitely ready to slap some on the grill!

I've also heard plenty of jokes about shooting pet pigs and everything else you can think of, but pet or wild, when they turn fescue into a mud pit within an hour or so they get shot.

I have had the meat and thought it was pretty nasty. In areas where they are an issue it is useless to meat hunt. You need to kill as many as you can as often as you can. Babies all the way up to the big ones have to be slaughtered to make a difference.

rednecklights said:
I'll drive

Shotgun!