• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hog hunting

If we want to plan it for around the first of the year and I can get a true headcount on how many are coming and I will ask a local hotel owner for a hookup on rooms.

Damn...this yankee rancher would love to come shoot some hogs sometime. Might have to see if I can get away sometime.

Well then let's get more technical, for those that have done it what's the best rifle?

Elliott said:
Well then let's get more technical, for those that have done it what's the best rifle?

Biggest you got. Or knives and dogs. Who gotta good catch dog?

I can hear this conversation with the wives: "Hey honey I'm going to get together with all my internet friends and go to east Texas and kill a bunch of hogs. I'm not sure where we are staying I think "insert screen name here" has a camper. No we are not taking any keeps or anything and I think we are going to just eat the hog we kill. Ok babe love you see you in three days" :rolf:

Re: Re: Hog hunting

Elliott said:
I read that to my wife. She said when is it and do we have the money to work it in the budget.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

money_pit_yj said:
Biggest you got. Or knives and dogs. Who gotta good catch dog?

I can hear this conversation with the wives: "Hey honey I'm going to get together with all my internet friends and go to east Texas and kill a bunch of hogs. I'm not sure where we are staying I think "insert screen name here" has a camper. No we are not taking any keeps or anything and I think we are going to just eat the hog we kill. Ok babe love you see you in three days" :rolf:

:rolf:

You would be surprised how many conversations I've had with my wife that are very similar to that.

If we wait until after all of deer season, I will speak with all of the land owners around what I own and get their blessing. I am sure that most of them will have no problem with us trying to remove problems from their lands. I am almost certain that most of them will provide me intel on where they have seen hogs running on their properties.
Most all of the people in my area are good people as long as you respect their property and shut their gates.

I have a couple of welders that have hog dogs with tracking devices, I will ask them if they want to get in on it once we nail down a good time.

Boys, I broke down and bought me a new m&p AR yesterday. Looking forward to poppin some piggies.

Re: Re: Hog hunting

Elliott said:
Boys, I broke down and bought me a new m&p AR yesterday. Looking forward to poppin some piggies.
If looking at optics check out the vortex strike eagle. I got one for mine. They are a sweet scope. Does add some weight though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've got a red dot and a lazer I was thinking about trying to use, but I've never used them before.