• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hot shot or transport service needed

ole heep

Does anyone here work in the hot shot or vehicle transport business? Or recommend/ know of anyone that does?
I have a 03 4Runner that in need to get transported from Manassas Va to Knoxville Tn. I don't need anything fancy but would like to get it here safely.
Looking to get this done in the next few weeks if possible.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited:
I don't know anyone personally in the hot shot business, but I think @matlock has vehicles shipped from time to time, so may be able to point you in the right direction.

Sorry, just seen this. I do hotshot. Pm me and will send you my info.

Sorry, just seen this. I do hotshot. Pm me and will send you my info.
Already got it delivered. Thanks for the reply though.
Had a local guy that was supposed to do it for $600 and he stood me up 2 different times so I just said F-it and Paid $250 extra for broker fee.

Patrick from Freedom transportation was the broker (754) 270-5333
The good part about going with a broker is you actually sign a contract and everything is legit. They make sure the drivers have the proper insurance and any other things needed. But you will pay more for a broker versus just finding a driver that will do it outright.
I would check with different brokers because I did find a better price. But the Patrick guy was very helpful with me and that's why I went with them.

well at the cost of fuel and time, Im very willing to use a broker. Do they put it out on a board and then wait, or can they nail it down faster and get a driver asap?

It was going to cost me between $5-600 just in fuel for me to go get it. Not to mention wear and tear on my truck & trailer plus the 16hr round trip. So it definitely made sense for me to spend $850 and be done with it and have it delivered to my door.
Not exactly sure but I believe they have a board they put it on and drivers can bid on it. I have heard of some brokers having the drivers calling or texting wearing out the customer for the bids. My experience wasn't like that. I dealt directly with Patrick and he give me a ballpark idea on price before we did any contract. We didn't do a contract till we had a driver with an agreed price. There was also a little bit of negotiation on the price.