• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How are you balancing your tires?

99wranglersport

I have a 2008 JK Rubicon with 37x12.50R17 KM3 BFG's and a set of KMC bead lock wheels that asked for a ton of weight balancing on a tire balancer. So I chose to try the balancing beads and the chart called for 10 ounces for that size tire. It still is driving like a tire or two is very much out of balance. I notice that lots of people are running much larger tires than I am. Are they getting used to the tire shake or am I not doing something they are? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2008 JK Rubicon with 37x12.50R17 KM3 BFG's and a set of KMC bead lock wheels that asked for a ton of weight balancing on a tire balancer. So I chose to try the balancing beads and the chart called for 10 ounces for that size tire. It still is driving like a tire or two is very much out of balance. I notice that lots of people are running much larger tires than I am. Are they getting used to the tire shake or am I not doing something they are? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Probly need more beads to make up for that beadlock and it will probly never be prfect. I run airsoft pellets in my f350 tow rig

I never had much luck with the balancing media. I run the hub balancers on 37 krawlers and beadlocks and love them.

I put 5 golf balls each in my 39.5 I rocks on bead locks on my old rig. Could run down the road at 70 without issue. if you do a quick stop you can hear them roll around the tire and fall on the wheel. Last I checked with the current owner they are still in there going strong for the last 8 years or so.

I've run 10 ounces of ceramic beads on my dodge 2500 with used nitto 35s. Worked well.
I also put 10 ounces of the same in my 37" nittos and they feel great.

You may find nothing will balance the bfg tires. They can be hit or miss when it comes to running true, from my personal experience and I'll never run a bfg again unless it's a krawler tire.

If always had strategically placed balancer style tire plugs poked throughout each tire..... Worked well for me on full hydo

JKUR on 37's here as well. My BFG's wouldn't balance for anything. They just werent round. Buddy has the same jeep with same tires and is on set 4 on spyderlock wheels and has great luck. Best I ever did was go to a large chain tires shop with a road force balancer and had it done. I had to beat across KS all night with a tire feeling like it was coming off the ground below 80 and get to Canon City, CO to find a shop to do it. Made the rest of the trip bearable. Otherwise the 2 sets I had were as round as a football.
Now I"m on 37" Nitto trails. Did a couple tack on weights ona shitty old balancer that wasn't made for 37's and it drives perfect. No more death wobble.

Pain in the ass, but I've had good luck balancing 36X12.50-15 Interco SX's with them. Interco suggested them to me many years ago when I had an SX that needed about 30 oz of wheel weights to balance. I got it close enough with the weighted patches to only need 3 oz of stick on wheel weights.

Weighted Patches

If you're driving on the road use a quality balancing bead or weighted air soft pellets. If you use steel bbs they will rust if you use golf balls it will sound like you having a war in you tires every time you stop. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I don't do ****. Never had a problem. I do run internal bead locks. Requires the seam to be opposite the air valve pack . Not sure if that has anything to do with it. My PBR's come balanced.