• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How does ever one stay motivated

417chevy

I find my self either waiting on the right deal, or having no money, or nothing to work with and yadda yadda on the jeep I'm building. I was wondering what very one does to keep them selves motivated on their projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take your time on the little things. Don't rush. Took me 3 hrs the other day to figure out how to make 1 tab. Took 3 tries till I was happy. Just do the best you can with what you have. Then do it again. So in short, I stay motivated by staying busy.

Been almost a year since I wheeled my U4 rig, but been playing in my daily driver Sidekick and Rzr to get my fix, though it's not nearly the same!!

I find I get burnt out on building, and it's harder for me since my rig is at my work 45 mins from my house. If I had a garage at home I'd been wheeling it by now. However, sometimes taking a week or two off from working on it helps with ideas and motivation.

I will second the part about having friends to push you. I spent a year and a half building my current rig. I always had my brother and a couple wheeling buddies asking me what kind of progress I had made. It sucks to have to tell them "nothing".

I'll also second the part about taking your time to make small parts just right. When you are lacking funds, you can always just find some little area or part that can be improved, smoothed up, gussets added, painted, etc. Then when you get $$ or new parts in, your ready to haul butt again. Wiring can also be good way to kill time.

My crazy work schedule screws up my wheelin time. I've had my rig out maybe 3 times the entire year. I consider selling it and buying some quads or a SXS, but can never bring myself to do it.

Web wheeling really helps me.....o, and setting realistic goals. Getting on here, the local wheeling forum and PBB for tech really help. I pre-plan and research a ton, so that helps keep me entertained and motivated.

I am going to let you in on a little secret..... 40 mg of adderal and you will be building **** you don't even need :driving:

jccarter1 said:
I am going to let you in on a little secret..... 40 mg of adderal and you will be building **** you don't even need :driving:

laughing1 laughing1

I find that if I tell myself to spend just 30 minutes a night. I don't have to build anything, or even touch a tool. Just look at the damn thing, hold some scrap tube in places you might be adding tube next to get an idea.

Ohhhh and keep a clean shop. Nothing kills motivation like having **** everywhere.

scrambled said:
laughing1 laughing1

I find that if I tell myself to spend just 30 minutes a night. I don't have to build anything, or even touch a tool. Just look at the damn thing, hold some scrap tube in places you might be adding tube next to get an idea.

Ohhhh and keep a clean shop. Nothing kills motivation like having **** everywhere.
**** I'm still trying to find tools since the lady decided she wanted to be helpful and clean all my **** up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That explains a lot right there. ;D

ROKTOY829 said:

That explains a lot right there. ;D
FTW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riding frequently is IMHO the key. Wether you have a smaller rig or ride with friends.

Also setting up clear goals when working on the rig is essential. It's too easy to get sidetracked and have a simple modification snowball into a full on rebuild which will take time, money and will kill your motivation.