• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How hard are stickies going to be on my junk?

mckeddie said:
I ran 39 reds w 35 spline outers and stock knees for a few years w zero problems, then ran those tires on toy axles for years w zero problems. Drive like you don't want to break and you'll be fine. Drive like a dumbass, and you'll break ****.
Man this ^^^ very well put.

kushKrawlin said:
And for the record I have spicer non greaseable joints :flipoff1: and Yukon outters.. And a 400 sbc.

Been running spicers since I built mine, "4yrs now" 3 of those with stickies. No problems yet.

Re: Re: Re: How hard are stickies going to be on my junk?

Dookey said:
Are they on there and working well for you? What part of "catching hell" are you talking about?
They are on, mounted and all hold air like champs. Iv never owned a set before these. But it seemed to me that the fit with was tighter then needed. (Sound dumb?) Long story short. I spent prob. 5 plus minutes closing the last of a 1/4" gap of the 2 pc wheels, with a quality impact gun. And in the process ,dicked up a few studs. Not knocking the product at all. Just read that old/new tires "tsl" had different sidewall thickness. And that's why I made the comment

Re: Re: Re: How hard are stickies going to be on my junk?

hjpcummins said:
They are on, mounted and all hold air like champs. Iv never owned a set before these. But it seemed to me that the fit with was tighter then needed. (Sound dumb?) Long story short. I spent prob. 5 plus minutes closing the last of a 1/4" gap of the 2 pc wheels, with a quality impact gun. And in the process ,dicked up a few studs. Not knocking the product at all. Just read that old/new tires "tsl" had different sidewall thickness. And that's why I made the comment

We make sure to machine them tight so they center on the wheel. Helps with balancing. I've seen wheels that were taco'd and it appears that the inserts are tight. But you want ample pressure on the bead so it does the job correctly. Glad to hear they are working well for you. :)

kushKrawlin said:
3 sets u Say? FAWK me. I knew I shoulda learned to build pools. Dammit
Step 1: dig a big hole
Step 2: fill with water
Step 3: there is no step 3 because now you're a millionaire and millionaires don't have time for 3 step programs.

Beerj said:
Step 1: dig a big hole
Step 2: fill with water
Step 3: there is no step 3 because now you're a millionaire and millionaires don't have time for 3 step programs.

:rolf: That's hilarious :****: