• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How to tell sx stickies from non stickies?

poolman

Ok a buddy just bought a buggy that's supposed to have stickies, got them home and there not as soft as my stickies but I'm not sure there a stickie? Both about 95% tread. :dunno:

Re:

What kind would help. My TSL SXs say not for highway use instead of a DOT number on the sidewall.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Ok, the older tires do say not for highway use, mine I just bought this year do not say not for highway use. I got them from Goforth, they hook like nothing else and are soft as pencil erasers. So I guessing the newer stickies don't say not for highway use or I've lost my mind :dunno:

poolman said:
Ok, the older tires do say not for highway use, mine I just bought this year do not say not for highway use. I got them from Goforth, they hook like nothing else and are soft as pencil erasers. So I guessing the newer stickies don't say not for highway use or I've lost my mind :dunno:

My buddy got some from Goforth & were the same way but they are 16.5 and I got 17s the same day they said Not for Highway Use.

Maybe that's it. Mine are 16.5 and his are 17' the 17" say not for highway use

My 16.5s don't. Mine are on H1s,
The 17s are on 9" beadlocks and there 3" taller than mine both with 5 lb :dunno:

Lol ok, I'm confident my 16.5s are stickies, I got them from Goforth and there soft as **** and hook like nothing I've ever seen. But they DON'T say not for highway use. And for some reason his 17" stickies are 3" taller. Either the rim or not broken in. :****:

When I picked up my 16.5 stickies I asked Scott how to tell they were stickies. He could not show me anything that they said that made them stickies. But they goooooo.

Halcat right about the non stickys still at bottom of the hill! They must have not changed the mold when they run the custom run of 16.5 stickys.

Trade em in for 17's and get new wheels....lol...that way you know... I kept waiting for the 17" twf beadlocks but they never showed... so I went with racelines forged doubles....

Only the 17's say "not for highway use" the 16.5 only way you can tell is by feel and you can dam sure tell very easy