• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hunting thread

Rockwells607

I searched for the old thread and can't find it... Been a busy year up here in NY. I arrowed two doe with a bow and chased a nice 8 all season, finally smoked him the first day of gun season on Saturday Chasin a doe, my wife got her first deer ever that same afternoon, good day for our home makes me feel great that she's showing interest ... Anyone else killing anything decent ?

My buck weighed 175lb hanging, biggest deer I've ever shot

I've got a few more smashers running the properties I've been gearing up for the second bow and muzzleloader season in December , hopefully I double down this year

pjprice said:
Anybody chasing ducks in the am?

We got a trip planned in December to Arkansas but not really setup to hunt around here. I'm about 45 min west of Birmingham and only my 2nd year to shoot them birds but love it. We got lots of water and some ducks but not a lot of time to scout and hunt.

I have about got my freezer full. 4 does and a small buck (5 point) so far. We can get up to 10 does and 2 bucks in Georgia. Looking for something bigger now, got my eye on a big 9 point, got lot of trail cam pics, just got to be there when he shows up. Good luck everybody.

wont work said:
We got a trip planned in December to Arkansas but not really setup to hunt around here. I'm about 45 min west of Birmingham and only my 2nd year to shoot them birds but love it. We got lots of water and some ducks but not a lot of time to scout and hunt.

Good deal. I'll say this. Arkansas will ruin you! Hahaha. It makes the Alabama hunting feel like wayyy too much work with not near the reward! But that's part of hunting!

7712b3866bb44084baabbf3d5e3e83a3.jpg

Finally got this guy. Been getting random pics of him since August.

Killed a good 8pt in illinois on my first morning back early november. And punished a few does. Nothing too crazy

My daughters first deer. I used iScope mounted to the back of my scope with my phone clipped in to record the video. Great for teaching kids because you can see what they are seeing.

https://youtu.be/2g2QRfPOpd4

Gun kill day after thanksgiving big body 182lbs decent for bama small rack though. Thought was bigger hard judge em in shoulder high thick cutover so he got ground checked