• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hydro assit help

ktaylor

Im trying to get my hydro assist to bleed all the air out, I've read alot about bleeding the system. cracking the lines, gravity bleeding side to side alot an can't seem to get it to bleed. Its a toyota on tons single ended ram stock toyota pump drilled out for the mod,the box is tapped in the right spots an the ram turns the way it should,with the ram connected to the line. an not attached to the steering the ram doesn't move until your at full lock, the pump is pumping when I crack the pressure side line but . It might not be pumping enough, I've also read people use the stock pump and it works ok but an upgrade would be better. Its a 2x8 ram an any help would be appreciated

I always used the old radiator hose cinched to the top of the reservoir trick. Make it a few inches long so the air bubbles in the fluid has somewhere to go rather than back though the pump. Also increases the capacity. :dunno: always seemed to help me.

Yea I did something alone those lines, I put a funnel in the resevoir an filled it up so it wouldn't suck air into it

Are you still using the stock reservoir?

It will be too small with a 2x8 ram. Probably sucking the res down too low when you turn and the ram extends.

Yes its still its still th stock one I plan to make one, but I keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get low with the funnel in it, I guess ill buy the trailgear pump an try it again