• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I think Im living wrong or something.

Dirt700

The past month has been pure ****. It started when I was headed to Feb Jam. Make it to Corinth, Ms and have a blowout, have to buy new tires for the trailer. About a week later going down the highway in my commuter car, and my phone charger catches on fire. The day I'm heading home from work and the same car, won't shift out of second. Come to find out the shift solenoid went out. Car has 180k on it, so I figured it was due, but you have to pull tranny to get to the solenoid. In the process of pulling said tranny, I drop it on my hand and fracture a bone. Get back to finish car, get it together, fire it up and power steering fluid goes everywhere. Somehow I managed to break the reservoir. Replace pump, all good now, but the belt squeaks like a field mouse ****ing, it will wear the belt in eventually. This past weekend I go up to Missouri to ride for the day. On the way up I stop for breakfast, there is a guy behind me counting out change for something to eat. I decided to buy him breakfast and something to drink, just because there have been times when I was in a tight spot and thinking it might turn my misfortunes around. I get almost to the park and my truck quits pulling. Check my tuner, and it gives me a code and says no boost detected. I do a quick Google search, and find it's the vgt actuator sticking due to carbon build up. I reset my ecm , all is good and truck working now. Head home after riding, does it again, reset ECM. Do alot of hard pulls and exhaust brake slow downs, supposed to help. Rest of the way home runs perfect, so I figured all is good. Get in it yesterday, and it wouldn't pull a sick whore off of a commode. Turbo is stuck full closed. More Google, there is a port on top of turbo, just for cleaning, pull plug and fill with seafoam or some other cleaner. I go to attempt such, and the shoulder's on plug strip off. That's where we are as of now. If i can't get plug out I have to pull turbo. And clean it, and they is only a temporary fix. A new factory turbo is 3k or I can do a 2nd gen swap for 2k. And I forgot it this here novel that 3rd gear went out in the buggy also :dunno:

Hate that your having a bad time Justin, but, you made me feel better knowing I am not the only one :rolf:

Sucks to hear about your continued string of bad luck/massive irritations. I've had a few weekends when everything I touched broke or became an absolute cluster, but none of it lasted more than a weekend.

Sounds like you won't have to mess with trailer tires or a well lubricated belt anytime soon though, so that's at least a positive.

ridered3 said:
Sucks to hear about your continued string of bad luck/massive irritations. I've had a few weekends when everything I touched broke or became an absolute cluster, but none of it lasted more than a weekend.

Sounds like you won't have to mess with trailer tires or a well lubricated belt anytime soon though, so that's at least a positive.
Haha yeah, I guess that's the upside

Sounds like normal "car guy" life.
Think about all the dumbasses who can't change their own spark plugs on their power strokes. They pay someone 3x as much and then the "professional" messes it up and doesn't tell them. I always do jobs on my families cars and then call a shop and get a quote, makes me feel good knowing I saved some cash and it's done right.
Only other choice is to sell all of your cool vehicles and drive around in a grey Japanese plastic **** box and trade it in every 4 years like the rest of the clueless.

hell just add a few health problems (like a cyst on the brain stem that cant be removed, amd a couple of brain operations for said cyst) and you have what I have been calling a good life.

Oh forgot to mention the sister in-law that I wont have anything to with for about 4 years now. You never knew what she was going to be like from minute to minute. You would be talking to her about hew new job( new job about every 6 to 8 months) and the next thing you know she is going off on something you know nothing (or talked about) about.

Eddyj said:
Sounds like normal "car guy" life.
Think about all the dumbasses who can't change their own spark plugs on their power strokes. They pay someone 3x as much and then the "professional" messes it up and doesn't tell them. I always do jobs on my families cars and then call a shop and get a quote, makes me feel good knowing I saved some cash and it's done right.
Only other choice is to sell all of your cool vehicles and drive around in a grey Japanese plastic **** box and trade it in every 4 years like the rest of the clueless.

This.
hearing co-workers talk about cars is painful.

Justin, you're a good guy, I'm sure it'll get better. The key is to keep your head down and keep moving forward. Even not by much, but a little bit everyday.
And not sit down and stop moving. Much much harder to get the momentum going again.

On this note, back to work I go, got a meeting with finance where I'm going to get chewed up to attend and I'm 5mn late already ;D

I know nothing about your spiritual life or if you have one at all, but Jesus lived right and he was tortured and nailed to a cross. Paul was beaten, stoned, and eventually killed. Peter was crucified. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people, there is no such thing as karma or luck. If you are a Bible believing Christian James 1 will help you. If not, read Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9-10 and Romans 10:13 in that order. It may not make your problems go away, but it will get your heart right. :dblthumb:

Dude I had a run of bad luck like this back in college it was like something straight out of a bad country song. Starts when I was interning which was unpaid for a full semester I knew about it plenty of advance so I saved money to live on that semester bc the internship was a full time job and it would cut into where I was currently working. Well a few weeks into it, my job took me off the schedule bc they needed me to work hours that I couldn't bc of the internship. Then all within a week or so of that the transmission in my truck went out had to get it towed, no big deal bc I had my jeep I could drive, drove it for a day or two and then the rear end imploded on the way home doing 65mph and that was not fun bc I had to throw away those underwear. Call my dad and ask him if he has anything I could borrow he let me use his old farm truck which is just a jewel but I was very grateful to have something to drive. Well this time the weather turns off cold go to cut on my heater and it dont work call a buddy and he looks at it and tells me if would be cheaper and easier to just replace the unit so now we dont have heat bc I couldn't afford to fix it until I can work again which will be December and this is like October. Then the after this week from hell I was going to take my lab to go run up on the farm and when I let him out he was so excited he ran across the road and got hit I went and picked him up rushed him to the vet and they told me that they could try to operate on him but it would cost up to 6000 dollars and don't know what might happen so I just had to put him down and that was the straw that broke me. All this to say i can now look back and see the lessons i learned from this and honestly it has changed the way I look at things

money_pit_yj said:
I know nothing about your spiritual life or if you have one at all, but Jesus lived right and he was tortured and nailed to a cross. Paul was beaten, stoned, and eventually killed. Peter was crucified. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people, there is no such thing as karma or luck. If you are a Bible believing Christian James 1 will help you. If not, read Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9-10 and Romans 10:13 in that order. It may not make your problems go away, but it will get your heart right. :dblthumb:

Thanks Dan

Ordered a 3rd gen fixed geometry turbo swap kit, won't have this issue again, will loose exhaust brake tho

jccarter1 said:
Dude I had a run of bad luck like this back in college it was like something straight out of a bad country song. Starts when I was interning which was unpaid for a full semester I knew about it plenty of advance so I saved money to live on that semester bc the internship was a full time job and it would cut into where I was currently working. Well a few weeks into it, my job took me off the schedule bc they needed me to work hours that I couldn't bc of the internship. Then all within a week or so of that the transmission in my truck went out had to get it towed, no big deal bc I had my jeep I could drive, drove it for a day or two and then the rear end imploded on the way home doing 65mph and that was not fun bc I had to throw away those underwear. Call my dad and ask him if he has anything I could borrow he let me use his old farm truck which is just a jewel but I was very grateful to have something to drive. Well this time the weather turns off cold go to cut on my heater and it dont work call a buddy and he looks at it and tells me if would be cheaper and easier to just replace the unit so now we dont have heat bc I couldn't afford to fix it until I can work again which will be December and this is like October. Then the after this week from hell I was going to take my lab to go run up on the farm and when I let him out he was so excited he ran across the road and got hit I went and picked him up rushed him to the vet and they told me that they could try to operate on him but it would cost up to 6000 dollars and don't know what might happen so I just had to put him down and that was the straw that broke me. All this to say i can now look back and see the lessons i learned from this and honestly it has changed the way I look at things
Sometimes seems like it will last forever

If you happen to need it I have a good factory 3rd Gen manifold here. It's drilled and tapped for EGT. Nothing wrong with it, I just went aftermarket when I did my upgraded turbo and PacBrake.

Just think, you could be like poor ole Tony Bolton, having to pick up cans to eat, saving up money to buy gas station Bar B Que......

hokie_yj said:
If you happen to need it I have a good factory 3rd Gen manifold here. It's drilled and tapped for EGT. Nothing wrong with it, I just went aftermarket when I did my upgraded turbo and PacBrake.
I appreciate it, my swap kit should be next week. I hope I like having a fixed vane turbo. I need to do some research on what oac brake I need, since it's 4th gen with 3rd gen turbo now. Be nice if it would work with factory button

zukimaster said:
Just think, you could be like poor ole Tony Bolton, having to pick up cans to eat, saving up money to buy gas station Bar B Que......
I know, we need a go fund me page for him so he can get a decent meal ever now and then

I agree with Ed, car guy life. It used to get me down but I'm so accustomed to it between my wife and our kids I just figure out the quickest method to keep everyone going and get it done !
Weather has been pretty rough on us up here wife is on a run tearing up her truck ( 2 incidents in a week resulting in one tow bill outta my pocket ) then she tried to drive my truck off a loading dock she didn't see at night . Thankfully she just dropped the front end off and didn't tear up anything. Bent tierod and swaybar end link recovering it with my XJ and neighbors truck ( 300 bux with MOOG parts and an alignment ). It's just L I V I N brother.

I spent yesterday at the hospital with a buddy that's awaiting and needs a 2nd heart transplant. It can alwaaaaays be worse my friend :****:

Latest posts