• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

IF.....

Kentucky.. he's gotten a lot better, but he still has tube in sight lines, it's a deep car, so behind sight is limited. There's room to save in the cradle area for clearance. I think when he gets to version 5 he'll be a lot better.. he's studying the west coast ways for crawlers lol! I always like to use red dot cars for example.. they are "big" but you can see through practically the whole car from the drivers seat.. they are amazingly well thought out. You can see all of Kevin's seat time in the rocks if you sit or ride in one. I'm not bashing bent fab at all.. he's doing west coast crawler things on the east coast, so props to him. His cars are just not my cup of tea..

I've been lucky enough to sit in Kevin's car once. It's not a big car at all. It's actually tiny. My BentFab Evo3R is huuuge compared to the Reddot vehicles.

Nah man the cab is way farther forward than a bouncer style.

like on most Jimmy Smith buggys your ass is way back close to the back tire, but on yours you are not close to the back tire at all, even though they have the same wheel base...

Understood. Yeah, the seating position is way further forward than this.

Crawling and trailing arns... that's u4 crap lol!!

He doesn't set up crawlers with trailing arms. Trail rigs and racers, he does.

I've been lucky enough to sit in Kevin's car once. It's not a big car at all. It's actually tiny. My BentFab Evo3R is huuuge compared to the Red dot vehicles.
It actually is a big chassis for our crawlers over here.. its laid out so well and vision is so good it gives you the feeling of small. My ftm chassis is smaller and it's a huge car by our standards.

Understood. Yeah, the seating position is way further forward than this.

He doesn't set up crawlers with trailing arms. Trail rigs and racers, he does.

There are obvious tradeoffs with motor and seat placement. We put ours way back and down inside the chassis, so much so that before you put the radiator, coolers, winch, etc back behind the grill, it almost looks wrong. You would fit an entire extra motor in there...but that fills up fast.

You sit so far back in a bouncer but the motor is WAY forward. There is almost a foot of room behind the motor and in front of the firewall on some of those buggies. I personally dont feel like that works well in a well rounded tough trail riding world. The weight bias just isnt what I personally prefer - but it works for that style buggy if thats what you are looking for.

Size is also all really relative, I make mine roomy where you want it, but still small where you can get vision and corner clearance. breakover angles and approach/departure angles are there as well. The 2 seater sits LOW, at full bump your tires are pretty well even with the top of the hood. That nets you a 20" ish belly at ride height and an overall height of ~6ft tall; but the weight is all down low and in the middle where its controllable and predictable. This 2 seater is being built out by the customer in KY

022.jpg
024.jpg
025.jpg

Let me know if anyone has any questions or wants to see something specific.