• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I'll give you a tip !!!!!

Re: I'll give you a tip !!!!!

Thats funny cuz when I go eat I don't care whether you're male, female, black white Asian or Mexican. It's all totally based on your performance.

If you suck or you are the best I've ever had I tip accordingly.

I spose the one thing that always gets me is occasionally a waiter or waitress will take the order for our family of 4 all by memory, no paper. My wife laughs at me because she knows exactly whats about to go down.

If they come back and our order is all correct, they don't even have to babysit my drinks, I will tip the livin hell out of you because you deserved it. You impressed me

If one thing on my order is ****ed up, I don't give you a penny. You dicked yourself by not writing it down. My wife says I'm harsh. I say it was their risk to take like leaving home with or without a side arm every morning. Lol

Tipping at sonic is ridiculous

Phew, I've now caught up on this whole thread and I agree that JJ has definitely opened up our eyes on this subject while retorting Nathans opinions. Both have great points. But here is my can of worms to open up a whole new side to this thread.

PAY scale. Why should a burger flipper who spends maybe 1 minute per burger at a fast food chain be paid $15/ hour when a person serving in the military, sacrificing his/ her life so that we may be able to live here in the lifestyles we choose? (just a comparative example) Is this a valid justification to what this world has become? Nathan BUSTS his ass drilling for oil risking life and limb so we may have fuel for our cars, etc. to run on, or JJ who is cooking/ serving food and betting his life savings and family's well being, on running an independently owned business, so that Juan, Tanisha, Kawasaki, or Bob can risk the threat of spilling Coca Cola on his freshly pressed Dockers? Is it just me, or does this pay scale seem a bit out of scale? Or maybe this, why should a professional athlete make $20 million a year for putting a ball through a metal ring, or hit a ball 450 feet or run till he crosses a white line? I agree talent is a definitive trait for these few specialized people, but really? Are they really worth that much money? Do they decide the fate of the world based upon their talents? IMO, no. Just take this for what it is worth as I am just a working stiff like many of you who work hard for what they have and will continue to keep in site what matters, God, Family, Friends...

People pay for entertainment. Sports figures are "worth" so much to their team owner because masses, hordes, and droves buy their teams merchandise, millions watch them on network television, millions buy tickets every season.

Skewed sense of values if you ask me.

Burger flippers aren't worth $15/hr in any economy in the US. :rolf:

It amazes me the difference in pay scale in local/regional economies across the US.

This economy is really tough for people right now if you have not acquired any skills. Employers willing to train a totally inexperienced person are dwindling because there is a flood of already skilled workers that are unemployed. So right now just finding someone to teach you a skill adds a level of difficulty beyond just getting a job. And without skills you just have to do what you have to do to survive. For some that is waiting tables. High school kids are now competing for the same jobs that 50+ year old people who have had failed businesses are trying to get. As an employer its a hard choice.

Choose a kid who has zero skill and you are going to have to train from the ground up. 90% chance he'll quit without warning on the next sunny day that he wants to go surfing, 9% chance he'll turn out to be a mediocre long term ee, 1% chance that he'll turn out to be a phenomenal long term ee.

Or choose a 50 year old guy who is just down on his luck. He probably knows how to treat a customer already but there is an 60% chance that there is a reason he is down and out. (Drugs, alcohol, anger management issues.) 30% chance he's just using you as a stepping stone for something better, 8% chance he just won't show the next day because he OD'ed and died, 2% chance he'll turn out to be a good long term ee.

CHASMAN9 said:
Phew, I've now caught up on this whole thread and I agree that JJ has definitely opened up our eyes on this subject while retorting Nathans opinions. Both have great points. But here is my can of worms to open up a whole new side to this thread.

PAY scale. Why should a burger flipper who spends maybe 1 minute per burger at a fast food chain be paid $15/ hour when a person serving in the military, sacrificing his/ her life so that we may be able to live here in the lifestyles we choose? (just a comparative example) Is this a valid justification to what this world has become? Nathan BUSTS his ass drilling for oil risking life and limb so we may have fuel for our cars, etc. to run on, or JJ who is cooking/ serving food and betting his life savings and family's well being, on running an independently owned business, so that Juan, Tanisha, Kawasaki, or Bob can risk the threat of spilling Coca Cola on his freshly pressed Dockers? Is it just me, or does this pay scale seem a bit out of scale? Or maybe this, why should a professional athlete make $20 million a year for putting a ball through a metal ring, or hit a ball 450 feet or run till he crosses a white line? I agree talent is a definitive trait for these few specialized people, but really? Are they really worth that much money? Do they decide the fate of the world based upon their talents? IMO, no. Just take this for what it is worth as I am just a working stiff like many of you who work hard for what they have and will continue to keep in site what matters, God, Family, Friends...

This is so correct. I have always said this myself. The ones we rely on to live daily are the ones we pay the least.

I went to an upper scale place in Chicago over the summer and all of the wait staff was male. The females seated you, and brought you your drinks. It was pretty cool. A man knows how a man wants a steak IMO. And a pretty lady serving you drinks is always a plus. I never thought much about it until this thread.

By the way, if in Chicago it is a must to go to Chicago Cut.

Re:

As far as the military goes. It is a good way to learn a skill set. A way to retire at 38. Or help fund/fund college.

You know the pay scale and risk getting into it. I joined at 19, got out at 27 and gained a skill set that got my first 6 figure income. I know quite a few others that have 6 figure incomes or close to it from using the military to get specialized training.

I really do enjoy these types of debates. Everyone has such differing opinions and until you ask, you'll never know. Hate this and hater that can go blow a goat. But a good debate where people are required to think makes me happy.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Oh, and yeah, no fast food service ee is worth $15/hr. I can't wait until they force McDonald's to do that and they start rolling out their automated ordering kiosks and burger dispensers and make it so that a store can be run by a single ee. That shti will be hilarious when all those people picketing for $15/hr can no longer even even get $1/hr.

Teachers should be paid more! I'm not saying this because I am one, but I am saying this because many have 100K+ in student loans and education expenses to do the job. Then they start them out at 32k a year. I mean come on, that's crazy. It should be on par with any other bachelors degree required position. I feel it should start at 50k at least. Most of you have no idea the political bullshit that teachers have to put up with. Granted they do have lots of time off according to their regular contract, but there are a lot that work summer school for extra money because they have to for money to live. Not to mention the bullshit they have to deal with from the narcissistic little entitled ****s of todays society. Not all are that way and they make it worth it, but the others make it a challenge to see a future in this field.

The thing I don't Like, Is when someone is working really hard at a chosen profession, that is not going to make them rich, but, they know that and are happy ,and really good at what they do. Then, some asshole comes along and says, " You have no ambition you should want more or do more with your life", well I will promise you no matter what you do, there is someone, somewhere, that can say the same thing to you. I say, if you are making an honest living, and comfortable with your station in life, Fawk everyone else.

pholmann said:
Teachers should be paid more! I'm not saying this because I am one, but I am saying this because many have 100K+ in student loans and education expenses to do the job. Then they start them out at 32k a year. I mean come on, that's crazy. It should be on par with any other bachelors degree required position. I feel it should start at 50k at least. Most of you have no idea the political bullshit that teachers have to put up with. Granted they do have lots of time off according to their regular contract, but there are a lot that work summer school for extra money because they have to for money to live. Not to mention the bullshit they have to deal with from the narcissistic little entitled ****s of todays society. Not all are that way and they make it worth it, but the others make it a challenge to see a future in this field.

Pholman are you apart of the teachers union? Regardless they still negotiate for your wages. If they didn't I'm sure they would have cut a lot of benefits from you. So you do benefit from unions. So you may not want to knock them as hard. Most of the teachers I have ever meet can't stick their thumb in their ear, teaching included. I would say literally 1 in 10 of the men teachers I have meet can be productive outside the school. You are one of the 10. I think teachers that teach skills should be paid more also. You can go to a college and make more.

As soon as they drop the tenure, teachers and students will be better off. Increase pay, make the job competitive for the life of the career choice and then the teachers and children will both benefit.