• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Important new Busywild restriction update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mud4funtoy

I secured the church next door to the fire station for the meeting. it is less than a hundred yards from the fire station. There is enough parking at the church and the fire station for about 200 vehicles. The fire station has a lot of land behind the station. I plan on renting additional chairs to bring to the meeting and the fire station may let us borrow some.

I have not got a OK from DNR that it is OK to have the meeting there yet. Nancy is reluctant to change the location because she feels like none of you will really show up. That's why it is easy for them to get away with so much.
we need to get involved. I plan on calling Randy the south Puget sound manager Monday morning and letting him know that there is a larger location right next door that won't cost DNR anything. I will let you know what he says. And regardless of if they agree to have it there or not the building will be ready so that when they see all of you coming they can say OK lets have it over there at the church.

I ALSO WANT TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT IN HELPING IN THE FIGHT TO BEAT THE RESTRICTIONS. It is a unfair proposal that discriminates against a lot of its current users, and if passed will result in more discrimination and more restrictions in the future. Our state has never stopped with just one. Once this is established they will have a precedent to follow for other trails and other parks.

Last edited:
Steve, I appreciate your candor.

I do agree with you in numbers. But I think you are going about it poorly.

I fear you are being over agressive.

Ive been asked this a couple of times and Yes I plan on being there. See you at the meeting. It's at seven pm I will be there about 6 pm to start setting up, If anyone wants to come early and help It would be appreciated. I will also place signs on all the main roads.

Steve, I appreciate your candor.

I do agree with you in numbers. But I think you are going about it poorly.

I fear you are being over agressive.
I am sure there is no perfect way in any one's eyes. It is obvious that there was a rule being implemented that was excluding myself and many other people from the trail. It's still my right to try to do something about it. All I can do is give it my best shot and if that fails then at least I know i did my best
I also agree that this could have been done in a better way, with more help and time to plan. DNR never gave us that option. I do think that good stuff could come from this if we make the effort.

I am hopeful that we may be able to get the restriction dropped. We need Idea's to give to DNR as solutions to there problems. I have privately heard many good ones and am saving them for the meeting. We need to back it up with Actions. That means helping out up there. I will be advertising some work parties at the meeting. I do have a reputation with DNR for being able to get a lot of volunteers to help out. So If I give them a commitment to do so that will help us. But I need all of you to help out. The work that needs to be done on the Busy Wild Will Half to be in August. That is What Nancy requested.

The reluctance to change wasn't JUST because she's concerned that people won't show up and it will have been a waste. She's on vacation and was not going to have the time to do so.

Now, this strikes me as kind of funny. Steve, it sounds like you're having your secret meetings and not willing to share these ideas in a public forum so that you can get input from those who perhaps can't make them meeting, and from those who may be able to offer some good tips to make those ideas even better?

Interesting strategy...

The reluctance to change wasn't JUST because she's concerned that people won't show up and it will have been a waste. She's on vacation and was not going to have the time to do so.

Now, this strikes me as kind of funny. Steve, it sounds like you're having your secret meetings and not willing to share these ideas in a public forum so that you can get input from those who perhaps can't make them meeting, and from those who may be able to offer some good tips to make those ideas even better?

Interesting strategy...
I have had no secret meetings only phone calls and the ideas are good, I just told the people to bring their ideas to the Elbe Hills Focus meeting on Jan 10 2008.

If the people that are reading this forum want to post up there ides they can if they want to.

Dale I hope you are having a great day:D

Aside from having to write checks and pay bills...

I'd still like to hear these new ideas, unless someone has something to hide? Everyone's pretty vocal if they think I didn't share info. If they're going to bring this to the meeting and you've got an agenda of some sort, then it needs to be presented here in the forum where all the discussion has been. Throwing something new in to the mix at the last minute or as a surprise is dirty pool as far as I'm concerned. It's certainly not beneficial to showing a united front.

Everyone knows my agenda Dale. Its to get rid of the busy wild restriction. I'm not hiding that. Go to your local 4x4 shop and pick up a flier.

I just got off the phone with Randy Aker from DNR. He is the south puget sound Manager. I told him about the church and he said he would talk a couple of people and get back to me.

Agreed so let hear your ideas.

I think we've posted up lots of ideas in other threads Steve. What do you have new to offer up that we've not already bashed around?

I too am interested in hearing. If someone has some out of the box ideas it would be nice to hear. We may be able banter about which ones are practical, possible, impossible and perhaps even be able to come up with a unified approach.

Some of the ideas that have been presented in the past, simply have no plausible way to work or may be contrary to other stuff that we've been working on over the past few years.

Having someone or a group of people show up with something entirely new, in a format with a LOT of people and a limited time to discuss it, is not the most effective strategy.

PS, I wasn't implying a hidden agenda, I simply mean that you HAVE an agenda, we've seen the flyers. If new ideas are going to be brought to the table they should be discussed openly ahead of time so that time in the meeting isn't wasted.

This forum is and has been the place to discuss it, so let's discuss these new ideas.

I've heard that one group of fairly influential people are going to try to get a 74" width restriction, instead of the existing 82" proposed restriction...

I've heard that one group of fairly influential people are going to try to get a 74" width restriction, instead of the existing 82" proposed restriction...

A broad statement filled with ambiguities is in very poor taste. I suggest you tell whom said influential people are. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts