• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Inexpensive Meat processing equipment???

Your probably gonna hate that grinder. #8 is to small. Need at least a #10, preferably a #12. I think my grinder is a #12. It works pretty good. It's does not stuff the ground meat in the little bags worth a ****. May need a sausage stuffer for that.

A guy at work has a processor they average 35 deer a weekend he told me any smaller than a #22 is to small? I'm just going to let him do mine $45 I just bring it quartered out in a cooler to work and he will bring it back packaged and on ice in my cooler! $65 if I take him the whole deer but he lives 45 min away so prob won't be going that route.

Holy ****, they are up to 100's of $ to process a deer here now. We used to do all our own beef (grew up on a dairy farm) and that was days in the basement grinding up a 1600 lb cow into hamburger. We had a meat grinder that weighed 250 lbs though. HUGE commercian unit from the 60's. Now that dad is old and can't do it anymore we haul them to the local processing place, their prices are getting high as giraffe ***** and they don't do deer anymore.
The only reason I didnt' care about them selling all the processing equipment was I don't hunt and don't care to. Every year several people would bring us their deer that had no use for the animal, just liked the sport. We'd take 3 deer to 1 hog and grind it all together.