• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Insurance companies........

Draco

WTF? I've got a small dozer and a buddy we work with has a daughter whose trailer was destroyed by the storm. He called me and asked if I could bring it over and get some of the **** cleaned up. So I load up and head that way. When I get there, his son in law is on the phone with the insurance company. They tell him not to touch anything before they get there or they won't pay him. Also says: 'We'll contact you in 5-7 days." and hangs up.

I moved around some brush and stuff but damn....may just be me being an ass, but this is bullshit. A damn trailer goes through an EF4, not much gonna be left to look at.

I am going through the same thing in Tuscaloosa right now with insurance companies and local officials, but I have 11 dump trucks and 7 Trackhoe's there. I can only help out with what I have been asked and clearanced for, THAT IS ALL. I could send more equipment down there, but I would have machines sitting. I work for a couple of real good general contractors from the area, so I feel pretty confident about the financial end of things. Even FEMA has told me that I can get qualified to assist for the NEXT DISASTER, but not for this one. FRUSTRATING as hell to sit by and watch when the assistance could help get things back to normal sooner, just bureaucratic red damn tape... :flipgotcha:

Most of the time, if you are helping an ins. co's clients mitigate damages, you will get paid.

If you see a need, help out (if you don't mind 90+ day accounts receivable balances).

With all of the insurance fraud these days I do understand where the adjusters are coming from. You could have minimal damage and get the the house leveled and the lot cleared and say the storm destroyed the house. If the adjuster has not seen it who is there to judge the damage other than you. I have dealt with many insurance claims over the years and they always want to see the damage first hand. All you can do is prevent farther damage.
On a different note if you live in one of the damaged areas and have Progressive insurance check your email. I got an email from them saying if I was affected by the storms and could not pay my insurance they would work with me so that I would not have a laps in coverage. I thought that was very cool of them.