• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Interco Blems...18/44-17 Competition boggers

1tonyj

Was just looking at the Intercos blem site and saw these at the bottom. What makes these a NON hwy/ comp tire? I know the size is not standard. The price is right at $460 each.

I have the 44x18x16.5 Bogger non-highway blems. They are ag tires sold overseas and do not meet DOT specs. I can tell you they are fine for what we do with them but they are moreso hexagonal than round. :) They didn't say competition on the website though ...

The only comps that use boggers are mud racing, etc. Maybe it means they are more cupped on the front side of the lugs?

1tonyj said:
Was just looking at the Intercos blem site and saw these at the bottom. What makes these a NON hwy/ comp tire? I know the size is not standard. The price is right at $460 each.

They are mud comp tires. They are made from real rubber, which is no longer d.o.t. legal... hence the non highway use.... they are more like 42x17x17 from what I seen when we visited Interco a couple years ago

What does being made from "real rubber" mean to the end-user? I had no idea that other tires were made of imaginary rubber. :)

patooyee said:
What does being made from "real rubber" mean to the end-user? I had no idea that other tires were made of imaginary rubber. :)

Interco states they slightly softer and made from a "natural" rubber. She did tell us they were being made under contract for something in India :dunno:

I really like my 44x18x16.5's after I cut them ut I would not call them sticky or tacky by any means. The compound seems just as hard as regular boggers.

Didn't they make a set of boggers that had deeper cleets on them, like the ones TC had on the moon rover the first weekend it was out?

I think those were just grooved down to the cords. That's all it looked like to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are cut to the cords, when I saw those in person they looked at least 1 1/2" deeper than mine are

Elliott said:
Mine are cut to the cords, when I saw those in person they looked at least 1 1/2" deeper than mine are

They do, we saw them with our own eyes at Interco. When we asked about them, they acted like they didn't even notice we asked. Wingsnhammers has the pics somewhere

That explains why I thought they looked nastier than a typical cut bogger then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elliott said:
Didn't they make a set of boggers that had deeper cleets on them, like the ones TC had on the moon rover the first weekend it was out?
Think TC did have a set of the India Boggers cut like that on Moon Rover yes, look close at the pics of the tire and you'll see the sidewall writing is different from the regular 19" wide Boggers. Guy I talk to at Interco has told me these are made in India from more natural rubber where all your other tires have less natural rubber and more polyester rubber in them and they use these tires on some big machinery I'm pretty sure in India on cherry pickers. TC had his heavily grooved. A good friend of mine just bought a set of these a couple months ago for his buggy and I noticed a few weeks ago they added the 17's to their page so more than likely its the same deal with the 17's like on the 16.5's. :dblthumb:

patooyee said:
I really like my 44x18x16.5's after I cut them ut I would not call them sticky or tacky by any means. The compound seems just as hard as regular boggers.

Are you running boggers now?