• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is anyone actually riding?

Awesome pictures and which truck did you take for that trip?
Thanks, we took the F750. Monarch pass is 6% grade, 9 miles long on one side and 10 on the other. Full throttle 25mph up and 25mph down in 2nd gear so the VGT exhaust brake would hold it back. If I let it shift to 3rd the exhaust brake would not hold. I70 near the Eisenhower Tunnel is no joke either. I used to think Monteagle mountain was rough. I would have got to experience a runaway truck ramp or crashed off the side of a mountain if I had taken the K30.

IMG_20220907_082033883.jpg

Thanks, we took the F750. Monarch pass is 6% grade, 9 miles long on one side and 10 on the other. Full throttle 25mph up and 25mph down in 2nd gear so the VGT exhaust brake would hold it back. If I let it shift to 3rd the exhaust brake would not hold. I70 near the Eisenhower Tunnel is no joke either. I used to think Monteagle mountain was rough. I would have got to experience a runaway truck ramp or crashed off the side of a mountain if I had taken the K30.

View attachment 214295
Time to hop up the F750!

View attachment 214295
Yeah those passes best anything we have here. You have grade plus a vehicle that's mechanically struggling in thin air.

Time to hop up the F750!

I would love to swap in an ISL 450 but they are selling for around $12k for a good low mileage takeout. Then I would probably need a 4000 series transmission along with a bigger radiator and intercooler. I will just have to be content with getting to the destination later.

I would love to swap in an ISL 450 but they are selling for around $12k for a good low mileage takeout. Then I would probably need a 4000 series transmission along with a bigger radiator and intercooler. I will just have to be content with getting to the destination later.
Slow and steady wins the race until you find that money tree!

Wasn't sure if the current powerplant was easy to get mo powar out of or not.

After losing a transmission on the Mammoth trail at AOAA I've been gun shy about hitting the big trails I like to hit. So I ordered a new HERO transfer case with 3.5:1 gears (8 months to get) to replace the ORD NP205. Back together and ready for the riding season. And I can crawl again after changing to the fiddies.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 76
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 78
Haha. He needs to throw a picture or two up of the F750 back when he first got it.

That truck is like most of my stuff. I buy a pile of junk, bolt on the lowest price parts I can find, and put a black paint job on it. I gave $1800 for the truck at auction with 62k miles on it and the engine started after charging the batteries. I thought the pushbutton transmission shifter was missing at first because the dash had folded around it. The trailer was cheap because it had a rotten floor and I had to gut the living quarters to replace it.

Before.JPG
fd973a17-b229-4144-aeb6-291b2312f9eb.JPG
IMG_20161104_153947881_HDR.jpg

That truck is like most of my stuff. I buy a pile of junk, bolt on the lowest price parts I can find, and put a black paint job on it. I gave $1800 for the truck at auction with 62k miles on it and the engine started after charging the batteries. I thought the pushbutton transmission shifter was missing at first because the dash had folded around it. The trailer was cheap because it had a rotten floor and I had to gut the living quarters to replace it.

View attachment 214303View attachment 214305View attachment 214306
Come a long way.

good lord. how much of the wiring and all that was ruined by rain and sitting open to the elements

Drivetrain wiring and components were good since they are sealed. The original dash harness was good. The cab was from a King Ranch so I had to combine accessory wiring from it and the original medium duty dash harness. I kept the manual A/C controls instead of swapping it to automatic climate control.

Drivetrain wiring and components were good since they are sealed. The original dash harness was good. The cab was from a King Ranch so I had to combine accessory wiring from it and the original medium duty dash harness. I kept the manual A/C controls instead of swapping it to automatic climate control.

sounds like a **** ton of work lmao

Latest posts