• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is anyone actually riding?

Anyone know who this is? Supposedly jumped out of park with no one in it on Cliffhanger at Harlan.

22711.jpeg

Anyone know who this is? Supposedly jumped out of park with no one in it on Cliffhanger at Harlan.

View attachment 214326

Dammittammy knew him. It happened off cliff hanger is what she said. the comments on FB said it about 2000 feet before stopping. guy was trying to get people to help out trying to recover as much as he could. This is why i try to park against a tree or big rock on hills. or at least have someone's rig behind mine lol.

Dammittammy knew him. It happened off cliff hanger is what she said. the comments on FB said it about 2000 feet before stopping. guy was trying to get people to help out trying to recover as much as he could. This is why i try to park against a tree or big rock on hills. or at least have someone's rig behind mine lol.
Cliffhanger has gotten pretty bad. Roll off to the left to your death. Roll off to the right and hope a tree will catch you. About the only thing to tie off to is the tower at the top.

Windrock last weekend, 2nd time there and have still only hit like 3 trails. First day involved a 9 hour recovery getting this fine piece of unibody off trail 16. All started with a control arm mount ripping off the axle, and spiraled from there. Couldn't tell you the amount of people wanting to get pictures of it at our campsite. 2nd day buddy and i decided to check out waldens ridge he said its like a 20-25min drive down the road we get 5 min away doing about 45mph his front wheel bearing lets loose and the whole hub/wheel is wedged on the spindle at a 45deg angle. Luckily saves it and pulls over wheel bearing is on fire lol no grease to be found and some rust. He admits most likely lack of maintenance. I do the first part of waldens ridge it was pretty dang cool but the remaining rigs are rzr's so noone wants to follow me so decide to turn around. We go back and redo 15 to lil mule then i believe rattle rock? i may be making **** up i dont know the place well but i get turtled somewhere in the middle of it and pull cable and pull the whole damn tree down on my hood and breaks my coilover shaft in half. I was pissed but at least could ride it out on the bumpstop. They said it was cracking but i couldn't hear it over the engine i tried backing up to miss it coming down but no dice, "big tree fall hard". So theres your trail report, moral of the story dont let your friends drive xj's or hook your winch to dead trees lol
unnamed.jpg
IMG-3078.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

Windrock last weekend, 2nd time there and have still only hit like 3 trails. First day involved a 9 hour recovery getting this fine piece of unibody off trail 16. All started with a control arm mount ripping off the axle, and spiraled from there. Couldn't tell you the amount of people wanting to get pictures of it at our campsite. 2nd day buddy and i decided to check out waldens ridge he said its like a 20-25min drive down the road we get 5 min away doing about 45mph his front wheel bearing lets loose and the whole hub/wheel is wedged on the spindle at a 45deg angle. Luckily saves it and pulls over wheel bearing is on fire lol no grease to be found and some rust. He admits most likely lack of maintenance. I do the first part of waldens ridge it was pretty dang cool but the remaining rigs are rzr's so noone wants to follow me so decide to turn around. We go back and redo 15 to lil mule then i believe rattle rock? i may be making **** up i dont know the place well but i get turtled somewhere in the middle of it and pull cable and pull the whole damn tree down on my hood and breaks my coilover shaft in half. I was pissed but at least could ride it out on the bumpstop. They said it was cracking but i couldn't hear it over the engine i tried backing up to miss it coming down but no dice, "big tree fall hard". So theres your trail report, moral of the story dont let your friends drive xj's or hook your winch to dead trees lol View attachment 214394View attachment 214398View attachment 214395
That's quite a bit of shenanigans!

Windrock last weekend, 2nd time there and have still only hit like 3 trails. First day involved a 9 hour recovery getting this fine piece of unibody off trail 16. All started with a control arm mount ripping off the axle, and spiraled from there. Couldn't tell you the amount of people wanting to get pictures of it at our campsite. 2nd day buddy and i decided to check out waldens ridge he said its like a 20-25min drive down the road we get 5 min away doing about 45mph his front wheel bearing lets loose and the whole hub/wheel is wedged on the spindle at a 45deg angle. Luckily saves it and pulls over wheel bearing is on fire lol no grease to be found and some rust. He admits most likely lack of maintenance. I do the first part of waldens ridge it was pretty dang cool but the remaining rigs are rzr's so noone wants to follow me so decide to turn around. We go back and redo 15 to lil mule then i believe rattle rock? i may be making **** up i dont know the place well but i get turtled somewhere in the middle of it and pull cable and pull the whole damn tree down on my hood and breaks my coilover shaft in half. I was pissed but at least could ride it out on the bumpstop. They said it was cracking but i couldn't hear it over the engine i tried backing up to miss it coming down but no dice, "big tree fall hard". So theres your trail report, moral of the story dont let your friends drive xj's or hook your winch to dead trees lol

wtf happened to the xj? how did you lose a tire from the control arm?

wtf happened to the xj? how did you lose a tire from the control arm?
IMG-6032.jpg
Mount let go thing is fairly rusty and sheet metal stock brackets. Tire came off later. By the time i came back to see what happened the spring was out and that side of the axle was stuffed into the body. Dragging it forward the tire wanted to go under the body at that point he was trying to steer the other way and the steering box mount broke and the whole box was dangling by the drag link so he had no steering no brakes going down the hill it veered toward the edge of the trail up the side and locked full right under the body flopping on its side. She was basically done for after that, he was ok though. Someone else tried picking him up like a tow truck with the winch over his cage toward the back, got a little further down the trail like that but axle would still go under the body constantly. Should have just taken the whole axle out in the first place probably. But he really didnt care anymore at that point he wanted to leave it but didn't know if he would get in trouble so they thought that we should flip it on its lid and drag it that way. In that pic thats when it came off the side of a rock slab and landed on its lid and the axle was only hanging on by the track bar. He pulled it by the rear axle and flopped it back right side up and then the axle came free and he drug it the rest of the way like that. Then one of the rzr's drug the axle back. **** show

Mount let go thing is fairly rusty and sheet metal stock brackets. Tire came off later. By the time i came back to see what happened the spring was out and that side of the axle was stuffed into the body. Dragging it forward the tire wanted to go under the body at that point he was trying to steer the other way and the steering box mount broke and the whole box was dangling by the drag link so he had no steering no brakes going down the hill it veered toward the edge of the trail up the side and locked full right under the body flopping on its side. She was basically done for after that, he was ok though. Someone else tried picking him up like a tow truck with the winch over his cage toward the back, got a little further down the trail like that but axle would still go under the body constantly. Should have just taken the whole axle out in the first place probably. But he really didnt care anymore at that point he wanted to leave it but didn't know if he would get in trouble so they thought that we should flip it on its lid and drag it that way. In that pic thats when it came off the side of a rock slab and landed on its lid and the axle was only hanging on by the track bar. He pulled it by the rear axle and flopped it back right side up and then the axle came free and he drug it the rest of the way like that. Then one of the rzr's drug the axle back. **** show

holy **** lmfao. freaking xj's