• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is it just me or is this bothering anyone else?

Should there be a post count minimum to post a item for sale?

• Yes, must have at least 10 previous posts

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Yes, must have at least 5 previous post

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • No, keep it as it is

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • No, quit your bitching

Votes: 46 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muddinmetal

Guntersville, AL
I am not an original member, nor do I claim to be. But, with that being said, it seems that there has been a TON of new "members" join lately who seem to come here only to sell their ****. I'm all for doing as you please, but this to me is just abuse. If you don't know anyone on here or actually go riding, and come here just to pad your pockets, then I feel, you are abusing the system.

I think making it mandatory for a new user to make a few posts outside of the classifieds would make this a better (i.e. more closely nit) place. But if it's too much work for JohnG and y'all think it's Obullfish that just forget I brought it up. I just don't want this wonderful site ending up like TOR. That's all

I too have thought its TORish as of late... that being said...Go checkout the classifieds and buy my **** :****:

Rokcrler said:
I too have thought its TORish as of late... that being said...Go checkout the classifieds and buy my **** :****:

I hear you man, I love peddling my junk on here. I just like everybody to shoot the **** and see some rigs getting dirty.

Lots of forum require a certain amount of post to put **** in classifieds and I don't have a problem with that. Sure I've posted and bought stuff on here but I'm mostly here for advice and to drool at rigs I can't afford. Oh and to see where everyone is riding and if I can join in when mine isn't broke, it's a jeep after all.

What gets me worse than that is people putting threads in the general forum rather than where they belong. As of now there are 7 on the first page that belong elsewhere.

Re: Re: Is it just me or is this bothering anyone else?

Quit yer bitchin' molaugh I would put the flipoff smilie but dont remember the proper text to incorporate it on Tapatalk...maybe bc I've had a few Chardonnays...molaugh

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

motorhead0320 said:
I am fairly new as well but if you track how many times I have opened the "side boob thread" I would be a senior member.
I only look at that twice a day for 30 minutes each time. :cougar: :woody:

Relatively new.....love the site,on every day.Yes I've sold several things on here but don't feel like I'm abusing the site,I've also purchased from other members.Waitin on my "Hardline" swag,and yes I wheel .....New rig is full tube buggy on 43" SXs ,hope to be hittin the trails by April!Would like to post pics in tech/ fab but I'm little "tech stupid"!Just my $.02!!Thanks... :dblthumb:

Here is my take. If you made a minimum post count, not only would it be more work for the Admins., but it would create bullshit posts, like "cool ride bro", "Bump for a great vid". Pure post whoring, just to get to the pre-determined number needed to post their **** for sale.

I do try to be sure to get them to follow the rules, by posting a price, picture and location.

Newbies are a fact of life, and every one of us was a newbie here at one time. Most either learn the ropes, love the place, and check it often, or loose interest and leave.

JohnG said:
Here is my take. If you made a minimum post count, not only would it be more work for the Admins., but it would create bullshit posts, like "cool ride bro", "Bump for a great vid". Pure post whoring, just to get to the pre-determined number needed to post their **** for sale.

I do try to be sure to get them to follow the rules, by posting a price, picture and location.

Newbies are a fact of life, and every one of us was a newbie here at one time. Most either learn the ropes, love the place, and check it often, or loose interest and leave.

Wow, I'm impressed, I have to say I believe that you are 100% correct

Re: Re: Re: Is it just me or is this bothering anyone else?

JohnG said:

COOL POST BRO! ;D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Re: Re: Re: Is it just me or is this bothering anyone else?

JohnG said:

Yep.

That's exactly how the fullsizebronco forum is. Tons of people posting classifieds with 25 post count.

Its all set up automatically and you can't post until you have 25 posts in the tech section (posts in chit chat and pic threads don't count up).

Pretty stupid if you ask me, because it adds clutter to the tech sections, and hell you never know, one of the "forum peddlers" might have exactly what you need.

Pretty sure I only posted in the classifieds here for like 2 years.....

Latest posts