• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It’s finally here - Ford Bronco

Zjman

I'm a huge bronco fan and looks like they mighta built something decent

It's kinda hard to take it seriously with ifs. I'm not trying to be a hater. I was kinda excited about it. Nothing new has done much for me in a long time other than some diesel tow rig stuff. It's just a let down.

It's kinda hard to take it seriously with ifs. I'm not trying to be a hater. I was kinda excited about it. Nothing new has done much for me in a long time other than some diesel tow rig stuff. It's just a let down.

I'm hoping that with the removable top/doors and overall size, it will drive some bolt on IFS goodies that are more rock crawling focused. IF the front diff is up to the task.

If the stock drivetrain will handle some "minor" beat downs with the 35s that come on it, then we might have a contender.
It also looks like the front/rear lockers are available on all trim levels, so that's pretty cool.

Now it's Toyota's turn to re-do the 4Runner or a new FJ into a removable top/door model.

The latest generation 4runners and Tacomas have large-ish (think Dana 50 size) center sections, and RCV makes IFS shafts that use Dana 60 size bells.

BUT most of the bolt on IFS stuff is either mild "overlanding" stuff, or long travel desert bombing setups. Marlin Crawler is developing a rock crawling specific IFS setup that looks promising, if it's ever readily available...

EIther way, it'll be 15-20 years before I'm looking at any of them for a trail rig. By then I'll either be in a legit buggy or a damn hovercraft.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the reveal and haven't bothered to look yet, but did they announce price ranges for the various "Bronco" models?

I didn't watch the reveal and haven't bothered to look yet, but did they announce price ranges for the various "Bronco" models?
Didnt pay much attention to the Sport but the base 2 door is under $30k and another $4kish for the 4 door.

the pricing is a little high especially if ya want the model with 35s It hell **** boxes are way over priced imho

Looks like the 7 speed manual is only available with the 2.3L eco boost.

I'm still not believing it till I see them at dealerships and on the road. I've been hearing this **** for years and it never comes to fruition.

I'm still not believing it till I see them at dealerships and on the road. I've been hearing this **** for years and it never comes to fruition.
i seen 3 of em 2 weeks ago in Michigan. They were camouflaged out but they were definitely 4 door broncos. Not as big as I would like but about same size as a 4 door jk

I like it! I'm wanting to save our pennies for a 4 door 4 cylinder one with lockers for my wife to DD and take our family to Moab. On paper, this has hit a mark that Jeep, Toyota, and Nissan have missed with their "adventure lifestyle" themed rigs.
If you can get a vinyl floor, vinyl seat, removable top and doors rig that gets good mpg, is reliable and my wife will drive that's a win.

is reliable

The Jeep motors is what gets me. I don't think either of the JK engines have a great track record.

Basically if you buy a used Jeep that is 2007+, you should plan on an engine swap or replancement. IMO
I'm sure there are 200K mile stock drivetrain JKs out there, but I havent seen em.

The Jeep motors is what gets me. I don't think either of the JK engines have a great track record.

Basically if you buy a used Jeep that is 2007+, you should plan on an engine swap or replancement. IMO
I'm sure there are 200K mile stock drivetrain JKs out there, but I havent seen em.

Honestly the JK 3.8s are 50,000 to 80,000 mile engines. I knew people with 115k who were on their 3rd engines!

Latest posts