• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It’s finally here - Ford Bronco

i seen 3 of em 2 weeks ago in Michigan. They were camouflaged out but they were definitely 4 door broncos. Not as big as I would like but about same size as a 4 door jk
When I was towing trucks about 6-7 years ago I would see the Ford Ranger driving around up around the big testing facility in Marysville and those just finally made it to dealers this year?

When I was towing trucks about 6-7 years ago I would see the Ford Ranger driving around up around the big testing facility in Marysville and those just finally made it to dealers this year?

The ranger was a global vehicle, they've had em in Mexico for a long time, probably 6-7 years? That's one reason it looks outdated.

Honestly the JK 3.8s are 50,000 to 80,000 mile engines. I knew people with 115k who were on their 3rd engines!

And if it was anything but a Jeep, that kind of track record would kill resale value...

I had high hopes that the bronco would be bigger on the inside mainly more room in the back seat. After seeing the numbers on the dimensions it's smaller on a lot of places than the new Jeep JL. I thought this would be my wife's next ride-family travel vehicle but I guess we will keep looking

The 4 door looks like an International Scout humped a Jeep LJ, and I love EB's. Not a fan yet.
1594826478455.png

So how long before they put a pickup bed on it?

I would be surprised if someone isn't already working on fitting a JK/JL spec axle and suspension in the front.

I just hope the IFS isn't junk.

The only good thing about the Jeeps having a straight front axle, is that it's easier to swap out the axle for something that doesn't suck so hard.

I would be surprised if someone isn't already working on fitting a JK/JL spec axle and suspension in the front.

I just hope the IFS isn't junk.

The only good thing about the Jeeps having a straight front axle, is that it's easier to swap out the axle for something that doesn't suck so hard.

This one may have the aftermarket excitement to make IFS worth keeping. If the front diff can survive and RCV offers bombproof axles it may be worth keeping

Wonder how easy the SD axles will be to adapt (as far as speedo, ABS etc.)

Same thing I was thinking. With Dana/Spicer supplying all the axles, plus bolt in 60s for the Jeeps, and the commonality of swapping SD axles into JKs (and even JLs I reckon), hopefully it wont be a big deal

...I'm still waiting for someone to blaze the way for full electric steering. **** all this hydraulic bullshit. (For offroad rigs....modern vehicles are using electric power steering already)

...I'm still waiting for someone to blaze the way for full electric steering. **** all this hydraulic bullshit. (For offroad rigs....modern vehicles are using electric power steering already)

Yep, I really liked the feel of the electric power steering in my 16 RAM 1500. It was more responsive and you feel more in control than a hydraulic rack and pinion.

Latest posts