• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JD2 Model 3 bender. What am I doing wrong?

yankster

HC Supporter
Don't know why I can't figure this out. JD2 model 3 with copperhead fab air/hydraulic conversion. First time using it. Why is the tubing crammed under the cylinder?

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 230
Rokcrler said:
It's got the spacers. Flipped the bracket around. No help. I'm sure it's something simple and I'll feel like a dumbass when it's figured out.
I was really hoping to bend some tube tonight. There's a million pics of this setup on Google but none have tubing in the bender!

Attachments

• IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 159
I've got the same setup but on a JMR bender with a pro tools 105 die and this is what mine looks like as it's bending. Maybe your follower is in the wrong pin hole :dunno:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 159
Looks to be correct. I don't know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 6.43.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 6.43.39 PM.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 527
Found a pic of the old for sale ad when I bought it. Looks to be set up the same.

Attachments

• 20141207_133721_zps165fce17.jpg
    20141207_133721_zps165fce17.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 149
I tried. Can't get the pin in the U strap unless I cram it against the ram so hard I can't move the tube in the die.

Rokcrler said:
The curved piece is backwards on your pic compared to this one
yankster said:
It's got the spacers. Flipped the bracket around. No help. I'm sure it's something simple and I'll feel like a dumbass when it's figured out.
I was really hoping to bend some tube tonight. There's a million pics of this setup on Google but none have tubing in the bender!

Re:

Here's a video its not the same ram setup but shows how to set up for your first bend. About half way is where the bending starts

http://youtu.be/5SFs4O64RlE

You may have to drill a new hole closer in on the piece that the chrome rod bolts to to get the cylinder to get away from the tubing. Kinda like in the video. :dunno: or maybe that's the wrong setup for your bender

Re:

Stupid question... But are you sure the bend arms are not upsidedown?
That would put the pin holes closer to the main arms.
In the for sale pic they look closer than your first pics

Looks like the ram end mount holes are to far away from the arms. Best I can explain or see

Edit: is the model 3 even supposed to be able for hydro swap?
the arms look different than the 32

Looks like that is the wrong arm that attaches to the ram.
Hole needs to be closer to the bend arms. :dunno:

whiskeymakin said:
Looks like the ram end mount holes are to far away from the arms. Best I can explain or see

Edit: is the model 3 even supposed to be able for hydro swap?
the arms look different than the 32

Yes. The 3 is. I have the swag offroad upgrade on mine and the geometry doesn't look anything like the OP's. I'm not sure what's going on with it.

Latest posts