• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

jeep vs toyota vs buggy

Clark, Call s/n and ask them how cheap one of their buggys can be done. You would be very suprised.

Actually, Cheap is a really wrong word to use with buggy in the same sentence. At any rate you would be suprised.

Lets keep this on track folks. I won't ask again

thank you

X2 I apoligize for my part in hijacking Clarcks thread and I apoligize to Money Mark. I dont know you at all except for on here and I really dont think that a bbs is a really good way to judge anyone.

Buggy if you have the desire to do the hardest lines, both in the rocks and dirt. A well built buggy will kick ass in every situation, and will only come in second when it comes to getting wet. I have absolutely no desire to drive my wheeler to the trail(non buggy offcourse), beat it into the ground and expect it to drive home safely.:;

yeah well each has an advantage, i think it's more about where your priorities are. I guess since i asked though, i shot myself in the foot and can't have a buggy now.:booo::fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

yeah well each has an advantage, i think it's more about where your priorities are. I guess since i asked though, i shot myself in the foot and can't have a buggy now.:booo::fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

Please explain the advantage of wheeling a Toyota...other than it costs nothing to buy and used stock parts are plentiful?

I so much prefer wheeling the hardest and funnest **** possible, loading onto a trailer, putting on my dry clothes, and driving my comfortable, heated, air conditioned, and perfectly driving truck home.

We all wish we could wheel a badass buggy and just drop it off at the repair shop when it breaks or needs an upgrade.

On the other hand all the time and money I can afford = mild Toyota. I'd like to do one of your tours Pokey.

We all wish we could wheel a badass buggy and just drop it off at the repair shop when it breaks or needs an upgrade.

For some half the fun is doing the work themselves. Myself included.

But you need the tools, space and the desire to do it.

:beer:

On the other hand all the time and money I can afford = mild Toyota. I'd like to do one of your tours Pokey.

I thought you were mm until i read the end.:haha::flipoff:

For some half the fun is doing the work themselves. Myself included.

But you need the tools, space and the desire to do it.

:beer:

Yep, buying new parts and bolting them on is pretty fun. Day in and out maintanence is a drag. I don't know why but I enjoy working on other peoples rigs more than my own. I think MM's rig is probobly the most fun to work on :haha:

Clark it seems to me that you just sold a great toyota for good reason: to move on and up. If not just for an increase in wheeling capability, but also for solely for the love of the machine. It makes no sense to waste money on something that you won't love to stare at sitting in your garage.

Don't compromise if that isn't what you want. So the tame girl can cook well and doesn't require loads of cash... but you want the new hot one. Go for it you live once. Sure she'll cost a lot, but time is money, so don't waste yours with something you won't be happy with.

So set the wheeling argument to the side...

BUILD AN S&N BUGGY FOR THE LOVE OF THE MACHINE.:awesomework:

oh yeah, i fully intend to build a buggy. I don't have 45k laying around at the moment:cool:, but i'm working on getting atleast a few of the main parts i'll need before i throw down on the chassis. The pace of me getting things done is based solely on cash flow, during a retarded economy:masturbanana[1]:. I wish i could call up s&n in the morning, and be like, "build me a sick ass buggy", but i must be patient.

I'm just saying i already own a couple other toyotas, and i can play with those until i can get a buggy built and running which i'm guessing will be 6months to a year. I was more curious what everyone on here thinks, and it looks like most people have a strong bias towards what they wheel, which is cool, I actually like Buggies, Jeeps, Toys, I just don't like Fords:fawkdancesmiley: I expecially hate Fords:fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:
I was more curious what everyone on here thinks, and it looks like most people have a strong bias towards what they wheel, which is cool, I actually like Buggies, Jeeps, Toys, I just don't like Fords:fawkdancesmiley: especially fords:fawkdancesmiley:

my wheeling career has been in a toy w/ IFS, welded rear, and 4.7's... I plan on running the OM with it this summer. I mean... where won't IFS go that links can?:flipoff:

Really though... in the end build something at the caliber you will be happy with. I just said S&N for the hell of it. If it means you buy a JD2 and bend up your own chassis, so be it, man. My only real suggestion is to not settle with something you don't want because that's a waste of time and money.

~MIG

I used to like buggies for a simple reason. The driver/owner is usualy the guy that built it and is willing to tell/show it to you in a way that commands my respect.

The ATV industry is a great example for me. It used to be a guy on a banshee kickin ass at the drag hill. All chromed up, custom painted, built crazy, long swingarm, etc.

Now its some dork on a NEW 4stroke kickin ass on the draghill. Try to talk to him about his 4$troke.:rolleyes: He wont be able to tell you anything except the interest rate on his loan or the number of his builder.

I look foward to racing a guy on an old two stroke bike. Even if we get our ass handed to us by some jerk that cant ride, just has a payment.:haha:

The buggies are the same way the sandrail industry went. Cant build, just buy.:; Maybe you will run into the same model/color buggy as yours! :haha:

Just get a bender and get a little more satisfaction out of the deal.:awesomework:

Even larry can "snap together" a buggy kit!:haha::haha:

I used to like buggies for a simple reason. The driver/owner is usualy the guy that built it and is willing to tell/show it to you in a way that commands my respect.

The ATV industry is a great example for me. It used to be a guy on a banshee kickin ass at the drag hill. All chromed up, custom painted, built crazy, long swingarm, etc.

Now its some dork on a NEW 4stroke kickin ass on the draghill. Try to talk to him about his 4$troke.:rolleyes: He wont be able to tell you anything except the interest rate on his loan or the number of his builder.

I look foward to racing a guy on an old two stroke bike. Even if we get our ass handed to us by some jerk that cant ride, just has a payment.:haha:

The buggies are the same way the sandrail industry went. Cant build, just buy.:; Maybe you will run into the same model/color buggy as yours! :haha:

Just get a bender and get a little more satisfaction out of the deal.:awesomework:

Even larry can "snap together" a buggy kit!:haha::haha:

I don't agree at all, we have quite a few customer's that have built their own buggy before. It's a matter of swallowing your pride and accepting that the professional's that do it for a living can do it a little better.