• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JIMMY SMITH BUGGIES?

Re: Re: JIMMY SMITH BUGGIES?

tonybolton said:
Pictures? Easy as G-O-O-GLE! ;)
My Google -Fu is sucking because I can't find any pics of these buggies y'all are talking about, and I want to see them dammit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kmcminn said:
Must be 3 then. My buddy has one that has a 383, 350, atlas. Pretty cool rig. It's getting a makeover.

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Matt's Jet Fighter buggy. Best ride in the world for a screaming girlfriend. Put her ass in the back & gas it!
e0d017999824d009f30a99df94d5e160.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

kmcminn said:
Must be 3 then. My buddy has one that has a 383, 350, atlas. Pretty cool rig. It's getting a makeover.

Thoughts of performance with rear engine weight distribution ?

HotwheelsYJ said:
Matt's Jet Fighter buggy. Best ride in the world for a screaming girlfriend. Put her ass in the back & gas it!
e0d017999824d009f30a99df94d5e160.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks like the upper links should mounts on the chassis where the lowers connect, and the lowers should go to the subframe :dunno:

TBItoy said:
That's my favorite Jimmy Smith buggy. Probably because it doesn't "look" like one.

I saw it at GMP when it first built drool ever since

Same here. That rear engine Smith buggy is my favorite that he ever built by appearance. Don't know why, just looks cool I guess.

AllGoNoShow said:
Same here. That rear engine Smith buggy is my favorite that he ever built by appearance. Don't know why, just looks cool I guess.
The "green goblin" that TC had, and a few others from that era had that, more simple look, but at the same time didn't look like a bread box pro mod werock car that needed a front clip/panels to be finished.

TBItoy said:
The "green goblin" that TC had, and a few others from that era had that, more simple look, but at the same time didn't look like a bread box pro mod werock car that needed a front clip/panels to be finished.

Yep. Nemesis was another cool one. They don't look so long in the front compared to other buggies that he built. More "proportionate".

I had the first jimmy smith buggy he actually sold . Wes Kean had the first one he built . Mine was an 07' unit its was metallic purple with neon yellow trim. I got it from nathan lambert around 2010 and I beat the daylights out of it for 5 years it now resides further north in New York

Seen few newer ones down in Ky few weeks ago. I really like them (hope to own one some day) . I think he's pretty talented. From what i hear, no fancy shop or computers, its all hand built! And his stuff works! Him and Tommy get it done! I agree, TC green one pretty sweet. Looking at some of his first ones he's built to ones now, they really made some changes in looks, although i hear he's never made no two the same, i wonder how many chassis he cranks out in a year?