• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jimmy Smith problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whattha

So I just talked to Jimmy on the phone, and we dont know what happened or how we got our wires crossed but hes got me fixed up. Like I said I'm sorry for going this route. Jimmy is a good dude and he definitely seems like he stand behind his business. So I reckon I'm gonna start acquiring parts again, and we gonna try this again. Thanks again Jimmy

Re: Jimmy Smith is a CROOK

Uh oh. This is fixin to get ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well its nothing but the truth. If i cant get the guy to answer the phone what else am I suppossed to do? I paid the guy in December of 2012 to start me a rolling chassis 6 months out would have been June of 2013 and here we are in March of 2014. No chassis, no phone call, no apology, no refund.....Nothing

Interested to hear the other side of this story. This is the opposite of everything I have ever heard about the jimmy smith buggy factory, other than the 6 mo waiting list of coarse.

How much was the deposit? Not that it discounts the issue of a possible broken promise or lack of communication. Just a minor detail that will become relevant before this thread is locked or dies.

Cash, check, money order? I've never heard a single bad thing about Jimmy and I know a couple guys rolling buggies he built.

You paid in what method? cash (and if so surely you have a receipt), check (then you would have a copy) or by credit card (again a paper trail). I don't know the man, however if you have no paper trail as evidence to support your claim then I hope he is up in your ass with full throttle.

The man is very respected and I believe you could have titled your thread differently.

It was a check and I still have said cleared check!!! The deposit amount is irrelevant. I paid the man what he asked me to pay him. Plain and simple, cut and dry. I have no reason to get on here and lie to anyone here. I know he's respected and built a ton of chassis for a bunch of you guys. My experience not as pleasant.

Well ok, as long as you have evidence backing your claim then i am not going to give you any ****. I still think the thread could have been titled more tactfully but hell at least people are responding.

There is nearly always 3 sides to every story...

I'm sure someone has already let Jimmy know what is going on. Hopefully his side will enlighten us and better yet, clear up the issue. I hate seeing **** like this go on in a very tight community of mostly great people.

crawlin85cj said:

I'm sure someone has already let Jimmy know what is going on. Hopefully his side will enlighten us and better yet, clear up the issue. I hate seeing **** like this go on in a very tight community of mostly great people.

You know what pisses me off is I know this was a jab at me and thats fine dude. I know Jimmy is respected and whatever, but I never even got as much as a phone call. He never said hey bud I'm running a little further behind than I thought or nothing. Never called and asked me nothing, or told me ****. He cashed the check as soon as he got it though.

crawlin85cj said:

This community is tight,but Hardline is the way for accountability to be injected. To the original poster don't answer every tom **** and Joe who speculates. Let jimmy respond.

Whattha said:
You know what pisses me off is I know this was a jab at me and thats fine dude. I know Jimmy is respected and whatever, but I never even got as much as a phone call. He never said hey bud I'm running a little further behind than I thought or nothing. Never called and asked me nothing, or told me ****. He cashed the check as soon as he got it though.

You're completely wrong and if you knew me at all you would have never said that so I'm not even slightly offended. I get you're pissed and I get you think you got screwed, and you may have. Not EVERYONE that climbs in a buggy is an upstanding person with a moral compass, that's a fact not a cheap shot. We have enough Sucker Punchers running around already!

I hope this squares up quick, and for the record I've never met the man. I simply know of his great reputation and I'm a business owner myself. I've had odd **** happen with customers and they ended up pissed for no reason.

I'm open minded and optimistic this will clear right up.

Jimmy done me right I had no issues at all if you can't get ahold of him on the phone go down to his house/shop and talk to him ask him what up am sure he would be more than willing to work it out instead of doing the internet drama **** talk to someone man to man yes this might not be the way you'd run your business but jimmy probably gets hundreds of calls a day plus trying to turn out badass rigs All in all do business like a man instead of a 14yr old boy behind a computer screen

NTIDWELL said:
Jimmy done me right I had no issues at all if you can't get ahold of him on the phone go down to his house/shop and talk to him ask him what up am sure he would be more than willing to work it out instead of doing the internet drama **** talk to someone man to man yes this might not be the way you'd run your business but jimmy probably gets hundreds of calls a day plus trying to turn out badass rigs All in all do business like a man instead of a 14yr old boy behind a computer screen
Do business like a man? I dont live in Tennessee there boss! I work more than your average man and dont have time to run up to Tennessee to pick up my money but thanks for your input bud.

I've known Jimmy 20 plus years and if he hasn't built your chassis theirs a damn good reason :gtfo:

Status
Not open for further replies.