• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jimmy Smith - rc buggy

ecoli

Thought I'd post up some pics here. This is the Jimmy Smith buggy aka Pink. Was pink originally, but got tired of the colour and the ribbing from the local asshats ;D Gave it a makeover and some more performance modifications.

Was working near Drumheller yesterday. Anyone who know anything about that area knows you just have to bring along a crawler and hit the badlands. There's so much varied terrain from desert to rock to natural whoop sections. You do have to be careful if wandering around though, it's easy to get lost in the gullies and hills.

Some photos of the day. Pink (now Green), performed great. The panhard steering set-up eliminated most of the bump steer/axle swing I was having before. The TSL's were super impressive. Probably a combination of the tires plus the Nova foams. All I know is I had a lot of fun yesterday, despite the slightly breezy (i.e., 50km/h+) winds. Will post up video later.

dyvm1.jpg

xmvrcy.jpg

orihz5.jpg

3128ld2.jpg

2v1uve0.jpg

33zdb8l.jpg

24oabyw.jpg

2a5ycux.jpg

20i864k.jpg

2cj4gh.jpg

169g3km.jpg

1tuec5.jpg

wrjiv7.jpg

2nhgwer.jpg

15qt2m8.jpg

2ymiszo.jpg

15y8941.jpg

mrenaf.jpg

rvc9c0.jpg

54hup.jpg

2lo3aj9.jpg

mlh2q8.jpg

10qaydt.jpg

2em36hd.jpg

206fwbc.jpg

2rzan2u.jpg

29xw5ex.jpg

2vtd2ea.jpg

2j5bggm.jpg

ao6oa9.jpg

2pt78f5.jpg

1em0xf.jpg

2enopjn.jpg

bhiubk.jpg

11j50gp.jpg

Rokcrler said:
Very nice! :****:
Looks like you drive just like Cameron :woot:

Thanks thumb.gif

Yep, run it, beat on it, break it, fix it. I became somewhat infamous last year when running in Montana at the national scale comp. Did a nosedive off a 20ft cliff with my Jeep. 10 minutes later and back on course. No wonder nobody lets me run their rigs ;D

Hay man thats pretty cool!!! For the record i powder coated it white when i built it, when timmie got it he powder coated it pink. I dont think to many people knows that. Jimmy Smith

Looks good but I have just one question for you ecoli........

wheres the screamin blue rc at??? you deleted the build on rccrawler. Too tuff for ya :flipoff1:

Or you just wait for a "big reveal" :woot:

smithbuilt said:
Hay man thats pretty cool!!! For the record i powder coated it white when i built it, when timmie got it he powder coated it pink. I dont think to many people knows that. Jimmy Smith

That's cool to know. I remember coming across a single photo of it in white. I wasn't sure if it was an older or newer photo then when it was pink. I think the green still fits within the typical southern buggy color scheme ;D

Joc said:
Looks good but I have just one question for you ecoli........

wheres the screamin blue rc at??? you deleted the build on rccrawler. Too tuff for ya :flipoff1:

Or you just wait for a "big reveal" :woot:

Yeah, kind of ran into a roadblock with it. Namely, got burned out on rc's for a while. Still want to build it, still have the first part of the frame. Might just have some new axles in the next month for it that would suit the scale part of the build much better.

And a brief video as promised. Don't bother with the sound, I don't know what's worse, the high wind, annoying rc sounds, or my heavy breathing :D!

Jimmy Smith rc buggy