• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JIMMY SMITHS NEW REAR ENGINE BUGGY

chickenfarmer

HERES SOME PICS FROM AETNA 2-22-2010

P2210393.jpg

P2210385.jpg

P2210390.jpg

P2210432.jpg

Talked to Jimmy last night, he says the big block is coming out this week. He hates it, that is his exact words. Says he's building a 400 for it asap.
Looks awesome though! My fav. rear engine buggy for sure.

He told me it seems sluggish compared to his other engines. We discussed gearing, trans bindage, and weight. He still believes the engine is just not what he wants. :dunno:

patooyee said:
BTW, exactly how DO you egt the engine out of that thing?

J. J.

I was thinking the same thing when he said he was going to swap the motor. It does not look like the rear is removable from the pics. What a pain..

I don't know? Looks like you have to take the rear axle and 4 link out. My trans had to come out the pass window if I don't take the engine out.

Hey guys we at smith motorsports would like to thank you on all of your compliments.the motor is a 468 big block,it just doesnt have the rip that jimmy likes so he is building another 13 or 14.1 400 with a big cam .the motor does come out the bottom its not really that bad . he loves the truck just hates the motor.thanks again guys

Yah, I agree, that motor sucks. drool drool drool drool I think it's the fetzer valve or ball bearings. Better add some 30w. molaugh

ok, the fat mnotor gets a second chance.just gonna make a change in the cam shaft and timming .some one had ask about the weight its around 3400 lbs

I really really like this buggy. Put an LS series motor and some suspension seats and maybe some stickie tires and it would be one mean SOB. If I ever have another buggy built I would want something like this.

Latest posts