• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JK Unlimited Black Ops

Boosted

Decided to trade in my TJ as I've been wanting something more comfortable to use as a daily driver and wheeler. The plan is to go on some roadtrips out of state as the wheelin here has become more limited.

I chose the JK Unlimited as the platform and began my search for a good clean used one but found that the used ones are almost as much as a new one so I figured I might as well start fresh.

I originally wanted to go with a basic Rubicon so that I wouldnt have to get new axles right away and have the 4.1 t-case. For some reason, the dealers dont order stripped down Rubicons and instead load them up with options. Oh well, I guess theres nothing wrong with a few creature comforts.... :;

The plan for the build is to upgrade the suspension with a Rock Krawler X-Factor mid arm flex system and Bilstein shocks. Got a set of TrailReady HD17 beadlocks being made to mount some 37" tall MTR/K's. I am regearing the factory locked D44's with 5.38's and install RCV's up front and chromo axles in the rear. To protect the exterior, Im going to install full Poison Spyder armor including tube fenders front and rear, Rock Brawler sliders and front and rear Rock Brawler bumpers.

Parts have been ordered and the build will be starting real soon. I will try to post pics of the progress.

First mod will be to remove the Call of Duty/Black Ops decals....

Attachments

• JK 001.JPG
    JK 001.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 777
I like the JK's. I have seen some pretty nice ones lifted, and all set-up for the mall cruising around Lakewood. They look like H2's when they are lifted and such. Nice interiors too. :awesomework:

You need to go on gaming forums. Tell them you just bought a Black Ops edition. Then tell them your removing the decals. They'll ****:haha:

i was wondering if you were the same "boosted" that was over on JK owners. your right about most of the rubicons being ordered loaded. fortunately when i got mine they had one that was base with no options.

You need to go on gaming forums. Tell them you just bought a Black Ops edition. Then tell them your removing the decals. They'll ****:haha:

haha, fk them. The day they pay for my rig is the day I will care what they think. :redneck:

i was wondering if you were the same "boosted" that was over on JK owners. your right about most of the rubicons being ordered loaded. fortunately when i got mine they had one that was base with no options.

Yeah, I had the option of special ordering one, but who wants to wait 4 months? I guess I really dont mind having the power windows, navigation, dvd player and remote start. So far, Im absolutely loving the rig. :cool:

let me know if you need any help Bill. Love the Black.

Thanks Clark. You are always willing to help me which is greatly appreciated. Simon and I need to get down to your shop so we can build him a front bumper. :awesomework:

Actually.... I don't think they will give two shits. Most gamers aren't also into wheeling or any type of motorized vehicles for that matter.

Anyways.... I will be looking forward to the transformation bill :awesomework: (even though I really ****ing hate jeeps):beatdeadhorse:

First mod and the only parts that arrived so far....why do parts have to take forever to show up? :mad:

Attachments

• JK 001.jpg
    JK 001.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 432
  • JK 003.jpg
    JK 003.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 437
Got more stuff in. Started unpacking the boxes and cleaning the parts. Sprayed some etching primer on them and plan to get everything painted up in the morning. Then the build will begin. More pics to follow....

Attachments

• JK 002.jpg
    JK 002.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 365
  • JK 003.jpg
    JK 003.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Tramp.jpg
    Tramp.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 365