• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JohnG Health Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update November 15, 2016.

Doing update on phone so will be short! We had imaging (CT Scan) done on 11-7 and did not get the results we were looking for. Good news was no cancer in the original buttock location. There was also a slight reduction in the upper lungs. However, the disease has progressed in the lower lungs and there is more tumor burden. So, we changed chemo regiments on 11-8. This one has a 10% chance of reducing the tumor. That is where we are headed!! After chemo, started feeling bad and came to Grandview after the Alabama game. Have had two blood transfusions while here, with last being today. There is some talk of possibly going home tomorrow, but feet swole up yesterday from all the IV fluids. So could be here a few more days. Unfortunately, I am in a wheelchair most all the time now. Just get too short of breath to walk. Room number at Grandview is 916.

Sent using left thumb.

Re:

I went and saw him again today. He was feeling pretty good when I was there. Hopefully another good day and he should be back home. Even with a little adversity, he is still so wonderful to sit and talk to. Talked a little about AOP and some of the trails. Talked with his Fraternity brother about college football and a quickcrete plant. Talked with Nan about ups and downs, sicker and in health and how millennial kids need to stick to the whole marriage thing. Talked a little about meds and future treatments. Overall, no better way I could have spent my morning.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

JohnG said:
Update November 15, 2016.

Doing update on phone so will be short! We had imaging (CT Scan) done on 11-7 and did not get the results we were looking for. Good news was no cancer in the original buttock location. There was also a slight reduction in the upper lungs. However, the disease has progressed in the lower lungs and there is more tumor burden. So, we changed chemo regiments on 11-8. This one has a 10% chance of reducing the tumor. That is where we are headed!! After chemo, started feeling bad and came to Grandview after the Alabama game. Have had two blood transfusions while here, with last being today. There is some talk of possibly going home tomorrow, but feet swole up yesterday from all the IV fluids. So could be here a few more days. Unfortunately, I am in a wheelchair most all the time now. Just get too short of breath to walk. Room number at Grandview is 916.

Sent using left thumb.

You sir, are my hero. RTR!

I'll be praying for you, buddy.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I went and saw him again today. He was feeling pretty good when I was there. Hopefully another good day and he should be back home. Even with a little adversity, he is still so wonderful to sit and talk to. Talked a little about AOP and some of the trails. Talked with his Fraternity brother about college football and a quickcrete plant. Talked with Nan about ups and downs, sicker and in health and how millennial kids need to stick to the whole marriage thing. Talked a little about meds and future treatments. Overall, no better way I could have spent my morning.

And if anyone needs to know anything about college football, just ask Nan. She is the proverbial Cornucopia of information when it comes to the pigskin. :****: Did you get to meet any of his doctor Kel? Dr. Jones reminds me of Doogie Howser, he all look like he is 19 years old, but in today's world of medicine, that's a great thing to have. They are very in tuned with the latest and greatest technologies and medicines. Just what we need to get John back on his feet. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Stay strong JohnG and know everyone here is praying for you and your family. Wish we were still at GMP hardline ride instead of reading and talking about this.

Re: Re:

CHASMAN9 said:
And if anyone needs to know anything about college football, just ask Nan. She is the proverbial Cornucopia of information when it comes to the pigskin. :****: Did you get to meet any of his doctor Kel? Dr. Jones reminds me of Doogie Howser, he all look like he is 19 years old, but in today's world of medicine, that's a great thing to have. They are very in tuned with the latest and greatest technologies and medicines. Just what we need to get John back on his feet. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:
I've seen a couple in passing. I believe he is the one in the freaking good suit. Take this how you want to, but that freaking guy can wear the **** out of a suit and tie. Might cost three times as much as my van I drove down in, but that also gave me confidence in his attention to detail. I bet he spends more time on details in a morning than I do in a year. Super friendly too and talks to you, not at you. Which means a lot when you look like I do.

And I almost taught Nan something about the Crimson Whites. She won the eventual war though.

I haven't posted yet, but I've been saying a prayer every time I read this.
Praying for you John and nan, and fam. I went through this with my 30 yr old brother a couple years ago. :(

Hate to hear all this John. I hope everything starts smoothing out for you man. We'll be praying for you and yours. God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Man I hate to hear that John! Not going to be the same there without ya!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts