• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Junkyards around Harlan?

Call this place first before you drive over... its probably 1hr+ in a car each way, but I used them a few times when I lived down there.

Greears Used parts
Coeburn, VA
Phone.....276-395-3321

Salvage One
276) 467-1070
Also in the Coeburn area.

Make sure ask for directions to these places, googe maps does a poor job in those back hills.....

I think it's Chris Allen that has a good one outside of Harlan. I've been there but it's been a few years. I don't have any contact info though. He's a wheeler and was a member of the old Kentucky mountain crawlers club. He's also a ford guy iirc. You might ask around at the campgrounds or the pay station and find his info.

hokie_yj said:
Good deal!

If he busted his case on the main trail that might be a sign that he should just load it up now. :wtflol:

X2. Beware the warning signs of the fact ya should've just went home.

the number posted for Chris Allen is what I have stored in my phone. He has had parts for us 2 times I have been to Harlan.....a 231 tcase and a set of lockouts he let me borrow. I had a set of 35 spline warn hubs, but busted one....he had a pair in one of his personal trucks that he wasn't using and he let me use them for the rest of the weekend...got back to FL warrantied out the broken ones and sent him the brand new set. Definitely a great contact to have in Harlan! He has a ton of stuff just laying around. Hope you get the tcase fixed up

Brian