• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kentucky Wheeling

LightBnDr

Was thinking about taking a small vacation to see this new "Noah's Arc" in Kentucky. I was curious what kind of wheeling is near there or somewhat near? Anything worth putting on the must wheel list?

Not real sure where you will be coming from but Harlan is always a must if you have never been. 10,000 acres of mild to wild. It isn't really close to the arc but may be on the way(slightly) depending on where you are coming from. There is also the Red River George area. Some really scenic riding in that area. However, you really need tags and insurance to ride that area due to most of it is county roads. There are a few challenging trails and great scenery. You could also look into Rush offroad park and Dirt Nasty. I don't really know of anything really close to the cinci area. There maybe something in that area that I am not aware of and maybe someone can chime in with more info.

The Ark is in WIlliamstown, KY. Rush is about 2 hrs away and Harlan is about 3 hrs away give or take. Both worthy of going to. I wouldn't consider Dirty Turtle a can't miss park. Good for some local riding but it's only 270 acres. Both Rush and Harlan are over 7000 acres.

Re:

If your in a buggy skip rush of your in a rzr it's awsome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cool guys. All very great information. I'll relay the findings back to mom and shake n bake. Thanks again

Slade is awesome if your in a jeep or something w plates and insurance. Rangers are back in there monitoring it.

X2 on the turtle... I'm only a couple hours away and have had no desire to go there... From all the pics my friends have taken there it looks like a mud hole to me.

If you are coming up 75 to the Arc, then consider stopping at Wildcat offroad. Not far off the Livingston exit. I haven't been yet, but several guys I know have been and said it great for trail riding and has tons of potential. Not sure about the difficulty of the bigger obstacles there.

http://www.wildcatadventures.net/

All depends on type of rig you have. They are a lot of good parks in KY for different rigs.

Oh well I mean specifically giant boulders, no mud or full throttle hill climbs. Gorgeous views from mountain tops when you peak the trail

LightBnDr said:
Oh well I mean specifically giant boulders, no mud or full throttle hill climbs. Gorgeous views from mountain tops when you peak the trail

That's Harlan, I've you've never been you got to go. Memorial weekend is a good ride if you can make it

Get yo butt to Harlan.. Great place to wheel. Top 3 on the EAST coast in my honest opinion. I would probably even put it at number 1 if I had to pick for all out wheeling and scenery.

Re: Re: Kentucky Wheeling

truckbroke said:
Get yo butt to Harlan.. Great place to wheel. Top 3 on the EAST coast in my honest opinion. I would probably even put it at number 1 if I had to pick for all out wheeling and scenery.
X2

Harlan wins

Jonesn said:
If you are coming up 75 to the Arc, then consider stopping at Wildcat offroad. Not far off the Livingston exit. I haven't been yet, but several guys I know have been and said it great for trail riding and has tons of potential. Not sure about the difficulty of the bigger obstacles there.

http://www.wildcatadventures.net/
I live about 25 minutes from there and I don't ride it. Depends on what someones's definition of good riding is I guess. It's definitely a SxS park...every trail in there has been run through with a dozer. Not bashing it but not my type of park.

poolman said:
That's Harlan, I've you've never been you got to go. Memorial weekend is a good ride if you can make it
Are you going next weekend? I looked through the rides section and didn't see anything about memorial day at harlan.