• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

keying knuckles and knuckle plates

lay

NOT FOR SALE
well we went riding today and it is time to upgrade "the cheap way of course " apparently stock steering knuckles and 4 bolt hysteer arms are not strong enough for my heavy ass right foot

i was just seeing if anyone on here had any knuckle plates cut ready to be put on and if anyone keyed knuckles and hysteer arms :fish:

check and make sure your cylinder is setup correctly...known to have that problem all cause the cylinder had extra stroke in one direction...just an idea...

this is how i did my dedenbears... it cost me $200 for the machining and i wouldnt spend that on stock knuckles IMO...

P10103281.jpg

JFab said:
check and make sure your cylinder is setup correctly...known to have that problem all cause the cylinder had extra stroke in one direction...just an idea...

Lets see, it started when the ram ripped off its mounts.... then in recovery letting everything go lock to lock I believe is when the knuckle issue came into play. Im still not certain he has proper steering locks but that will also get inspected during the ram mount re-work. ( spiderweb gussets look cool but fatigue fast... go figure I know ::) )

It might of happened vise versa though, Im not sure. But from what I was later told was early in the morning he was basically ramming the frontend into a rock face, lofting it and carrying it under full throttle to climb said rock face.

Lay is abusive and then wonder's why things break. laughing1 loller.gif

Like said above, if your ram is not setup right then it could be pushing past the stops and puttling lots of force on the knuckles. Also aftermarket knuckles and arms are always a good upgrade, especially if you are hard on stuff

This is what i just got done doing to my steering arms being that a broke the studs at RCQ. Also, i put ARP studs back instead of stock. Hopefully this should solve my problems.

0521091500.jpg

0521091501.jpg

Plus i plated my knuckles with 1/4" and welded them with nickle rod.

0411091800.jpg

0411091856.jpg

Sam, putting a key way in there would really strengthen them up.

Do you have a ford or chevy 60? The ford 60 knuckles blow ass, don't even waste your time trying to plate them.

If you still have them off bring them to Jellico and I can cut and key them for ya. Or better yet get them to me now and I think I can have them back to you by Jellico.

Toddy

Yeah I was talking to Sam also but If you can get them to Jellico I can cut them for you. PM me and we can come up with something.

Toddy

ARP studs are the ticket. I haven't keyed the knuckles on mom's yet. Just the 4 arp studs and I busted a dodge knuckle clean in half at Southern shine.