• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kid friendly rc crawler suggestions

leeman1790

I'm wanting to get my nephew a 4x4 rc for xmas. I have a few and know most of the stuff involved is over my brothers head. Just looking for a rtr unit that comes with a charger and remote and what not. Thanks

Traxxas is a great choice. Slash, Stampede or similar are hard to beat for durability, cost and parts availability. It's hobby grade stuff that is more kid friendly. I had a 2wd Slash that I couldn't break and believe me I tried. I've spent thousands of dollars on RC stuff and competed at the national level before. Traxxas is perfect for what you're looking for.

I second Traxxas. Very good cars and trucks.

For sure get battery powered for kids. They can charge it and are pretty self sufficient with them. Gas is WAY too much trouble and hard to tune and clean up to keep it reliable. And as above stay away from Walmart crap. You pay more for Traxxas and such but they are hobby grade which means they are rebuildable. Parts are cheap and you can buy new stock parts on eBay for little of nothing.

I like Axial Wraiths also, but about double the price of Traxxas. Depends on what price range you are shooting for

I've been looking for one myself. I think I'm gonna go with an axial wraith and gear it slow enough my daughter won't be breaking much when she crashes it into stuff.

My last purchase was a axial bomber. I already had radio and chargers and batteries. It's been really fun and tough, I was just wondering if there was any starter kits out there that came with it all

Myself and Blue31 just bought the Redcat Racing everest 10 off amazon "for our boys". Mine has had and torn up everything toy grade, but this is his first hobby grade one. It was $158 on Amazon and came with batteries and remote and had the highest rated reviews for that price point. They are rebuild-able and upgrade able.

1/10 traxxas summit... Way more fun than a true crawler...
High and low gears and selectable diff lockers all controlled from the transmitter...

I have one w a sensored brushless setup and 6s lipo... Can crawl quite well and still have rediculous top speed...

Mine is probably a bit fast for younger kids but in stock form or in low gear it is very easy to control....

I had an axial ax-10 and to me it was great for a day but got really boring really fast.... Being able to both crawl and bash is (IMHO) a huge plus

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oDBBuRJXj5Q

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_P5qwsulA

Take it from somebody that has bought more of those things than I care to admit for two different sons, Traxxas is probably the best all around RTR RC brand.
But if your looking for a "crawler" style RC I would suggest an Axial SCX10 (Jeep or Toyota body). Probably one of the easiest to work on and all around durable 4x4 crawling trucks for a beginers!! Also, it does come in a kit or RTR!!

Leeman1492 knows all about rock crawling these units, he's had a handful and even RC'd with a handful of us enough to know the brands that break. It's prolly why he is asking. Cause the folks he knows and in some cases have spent thousands on their wraiths. I eventually sold my wraith when it hit the price point that I was fixing driveshafts for the same amount that it was costing me to fix the REAL trucks driveshaft. LOL.

screamn56 said:
I have 2 slash 4x4 I'm going to sell. We don't use them any more. Time to get rid of them

How much? I've got two, and wouldnt mind adding two more if the price is right. PM me.

money_pit_yj said:
Myself and Blue31 just bought the Redcat Racing everest 10 off amazon "for our boys". Mine has had and torn up everything toy grade, but this is his first hobby grade one. It was $158 on Amazon and came with batteries and remote and had the highest rated reviews for that price point. They are rebuild-able and upgrade able.

How are they holding up?

Neal3000 said:
How are they holding up?

Man they are awesome. I have nothing to compare it to but they are the coolest rc toy I have played with. I will get me a little faster something in a few months. I am amazed of what it will do and how capable it is. I pulled a Jake Burkey on our version of Cable Hill and it fell about 5 feet and kept running. A little slow but not bad for $150. It needs stickies and a little more woopow! This is our cable hill.

Attachments

• IMG_7801.JPG
    IMG_7801.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 277
money_pit_yj said:
Man they are awesome. I have nothing to compare it to but they are the coolest rc toy I have played with. I will get me a little faster something in a few months. I am amazed of what it will do and how capable it is. I pulled a Jake Burkey on our version of Cable Hill and it fell about 5 feet and kept running. A little slow but not bad for $150. It needs stickies and a little more woopow! This is our cable hill.

I destroyed my Bomber playing on a 2x12 that was laid up like that. It took a reallllly bad tumble. Destroyed the steering servo and the tie rod, tweeked the whole axle and "coil over".... **** sucked. i'd had it literally 1 day ha.