• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

King Coil-Over Question

mdo817

Does anyone know the correct depth to set the IFP in a King 2.5 with remote reservoir? My shocks were bought used and they are all at different depths. Thanks Mark

I've seen it done a couple ways.

1 - (if you're not completely draining oil) put nitrogen or air in the resi to push the IFP all the way to the end. Assemble shock (having air on the one side also helps when you're working air bubbles out of shock) and right before you push the rod guide/ bearing into the shock body, pull the valve core on the resi and let the pressure off. When you push the rod guide in, you will push some fluid into the resi.

2 - (if you are completely draining oil) use nitrogen or air to push the IFP to one side, pull valve core and release pressure. On the side you've pushed IFP to, push the end cap in far enough to access snap ring. remove snap ring and end cap. Now you can set your depth. OR you could also just push the end cap in X amount and set your depth that way, if you don't want to disassemble resi.

I'm sure if you are one of them fancy pants racers, trying to maximize your performance, there is a specific # to set your IFP depth to. For the other 99% of us, pick a depth, make them all the same and run it. I'd do about 3/4 nitrogen & 1/4 oil in resi. All you're really doing is keeping pressure on the oil to keep it from foaming up.

wizzo said:
I'm sure if you are one of them fancy pants racers, trying to maximize your performance, there is a specific # to set your IFP depth to. For the other 99% of us, pick a depth, make them all the same and run it. I'd do about 3/4 nitrogen & 1/4 oil in resi. All you're really doing is keeping pressure on the oil to keep it from foaming up.
Nope I am not a fancy pants racer, just a redneck with an XJ, just trying to figure out about were to set the IFP and get them all close, the 3/4 nitrogen 1/4 oil is what I was looking for, Thanks :dblthumb:

Should be simple to set them all the same now.
f491f24c324935fc2d4ecdfffb01a154.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts