• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

King of the Hammers (KOH) 2022

ridered3

Not Rigless
Since it's kickoff weekend for King of the Hammers 2022, who all is going out to race, help, watch in person, and who all is staying to watch from the couch?

As per usual, I'll be watching form the couch!

Racing:
@ToyotaTom in the Stock Class #4653 Toyota Truck
@Jduck in the Stock Class #4682 Cherocar

Helping:
@wizzo with the guys in thew 4400 Class #408 TMR Customs/Cody Hardesty
@Badgeroo7 with the 4800 Class #4859 Evan Sherman
@Woodlee has a ton of race cars out there between $800 Class and 4400 Class.
@JEEPKEVIN with the 4400 Class for Rufus Racing #4 Chip and #24 Zandy

Schedule for the week.
KOH 2022 Schedule.jpg

I'll be watching from the couch as well. Thoroughly enjoyed last year's race. Watched from start to finish. Looking forward to doing it again.

Rufus Racing saved me a bunch of typing for what's going on each day this week and scheduled starting times. :dblthumb:

Only thing to add is the Shootout Monday night starting at roughly 8pm Central Time (it's SRRS + Ultra4 so no telling what time they start, how disorganized it'll be, how long the recoveries will take, or if it'll even be worth watching).

Rufus Racing saved me a bunch of typing for what's going on each day this week and scheduled starting times. :dblthumb:

Only thing to add is the Shootout Monday night starting at roughly 8pm Central Time (it's SRRS + Ultra4 so no telling what time they start, how disorganized it'll be, how long the recoveries will take, or if it'll even be worth watching).
Did they say what trail/obstacle it's on this year?

Watched most of the Shootout but missed the first two rolls/flops and recoveries.

Having a little short course was a nice new change, but not sure how they expected different results using the same massive ledges they used in 2018 or 2019. Of course the slow, technical crawlers made the climb again this year. Was both cool to watch but not really why I tune into the Shootout. Once again, the entire event was pretty meh overall.

Seems to me that having the timing for Stage 1 stop where it did was nonsensical. Should have stopped right before the massive ledges.

Also if I heard it correctly, having the $7500 payout for Stage 1 with a $2500 payout for Stage 2 seemed pretty backassward to me.

Apparently no one wants to hit bounty hills unless they are surrounded by trees or down in a gulley.

I want to see some 2015-2017 style stuff.
It ruins the cars. Drivers don't like that very much.

At least that's what I heard last time I talked to some racers.

It ruins the cars. Drivers don't like that very much.

At least that's what I heard last time I talked to some racers.

Rock bouncing ruins rock bouncers?

Seems like they would do something about that...

Heard several drivers and series promoters talk about having to balance hills/obstacles that are hard enough to be challenging, but also doable without yard sales every other bouncer attempt.

That said, I wish they'd put the Rock back in Rock Bouncing vs long dirt hills (looking at you Rush and Windrock).

I will be watching from home this year. But planning on going out there next year for the first time.