• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KMC beadlock issue

whiskeymakin

Am i the lucky one or does everybody else fight the tire bead to get around the lip on the lock side?
As i work the bead around with flat head screw drivers it just doenst come close to fitting up.
Am i going to have to trim the bead down?

Attachments

• 20210324_155205.jpg
    20210324_155205.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 644
Never had a real issue putting them together, that lip was a TIGHT fit in new 43 stickies tho. I ended up using a rubber mallet to pop it around to where it would sit down around it flush. Those look like some older TSL swampers tho so they maybe funky around the bead

I don't have any experience with kmc but I usually smack it in with a rubber mallet while I stand on any spots it's already seated. Also, might be able to get the ring on a little bit to keep pressure while you poke the bead into place from the side. Soapy water helps too.

They are some 44x17 boggers not sure how old they are. I dont think the r17 bogger has been made for too long?

A little late, but I've had this problem. I used large, fairly thin washers and the bead lock bolts to keep the bead from popping over, and kinda work my way around the bead until I got the entire bead over the beadlock ring surface. Then it stayed down if that makes sense. Had to do it to all 4 wheels and tires. I had mounted 2 other sets of beadlock wheels and tires and didn't have the issue until this last set.

Attachments

• E4C34E89-13D1-47D0-A8D5-20EDA8662C79.jpeg
    E4C34E89-13D1-47D0-A8D5-20EDA8662C79.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 519
A little late, but I've had this problem. I used large, fairly thin washers and the bead lock bolts to keep the bead from popping over, and kinda work my way around the bead until I got the entire bead over the beadlock ring surface. Then it stayed down if that makes sense. Had to do it to all 4 wheels and tires. I had mounted 2 other sets of beadlock wheels and tires and didn't have the issue until this last set.
That's a pretty great idea actually

Haha, I think it's a tire/wheel combo thing. Had same issue with Yokohama Xm/t on method 105's. Great minds think alike, I came up with small sections of angle iron, not sure why but I thought washers would be too weak. It was still a two man job.

Attachments

• E16B090E-DD41-4E57-8F15-991551EA7349.jpeg
    E16B090E-DD41-4E57-8F15-991551EA7349.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 380
I tried lots of the same tricks yall are showing...no luck. Its got a loooong way to go. This really sucks
Circled the 2 maybe 3 problem areas
1. Bead
2. Made in india lol
3. Made in china wheels

Attachments

• 20210327_063824.jpg
    20210327_063824.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 361
are those the india "blem" boggers that are supposed to be for some sort of agricultural equipment or something? (so goes internet lore)

Ive never heard of the ag boggers before, but a 17 is a 17 right? Im pretty sure a member here had them before i ended up with them. They used to be mounted on racelines as far as i can remember

Attachments

• 20210406_162142.jpg
    20210406_162142.jpg
    824.2 KB · Views: 322
Ive never heard of the ag boggers before, but a 17 is a 17 right? Im pretty sure a member here had them before i ended up with them. They used to be mounted on racelines as far as i can remember
I cant speak to the boggers, but I had a set of overseas blem/AG 30" TSLs and they required double beadlocks because the bead was too big to stay on a standard 15" wheel bead.

There are a number of folks who have ran those boggers, so they should fit. Also not sure if some wheels have different lip diameters for the beadlocks.

Let em soak in the sun if possible. Our shop has trouble getting certain spec corvette tires on the factory wheels. Threw them in the powder coat oven for a minute not two and they went on a little easier...

I had this issue recently with 1 out of my 5 40" Treps mounting them on Method 105 beadlocks. 4 of them that I took off my old wheels mounted up easily, but the 5th tire was a spare that hadn't been mounted in a long time and had been sitting upright in the shop for a few years. I think that had caused the bead to be a little out of round. The bolt and washer trick worked for me after fighting with it for way too long.

Special report...
I ended up sawzalling around the inner beads. It did the trick and didnt take long. I really didn't want to, but it hasnt seemed to effect them sealing up. They been holding air for a few days now.
All good

I took a utility knife and went around the edge of one of mine too. Same, doesn't seem to effect it holding air.

Latest posts