• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KMC Wheels Suck!

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
I had one of those days today. First off I was very happy with the price and service I recieved from the vendor, Camburg, that sold me these KMC wheels. However, the craftsmanship and quality of KMC's product is terrible. The beadlocks will not hold air because they leak at the valve stem. I got two mounted before realizing this. I take the first one out of the box and realize it has a drilled and tapped hole and a supplied valve stem. That is cool, but then I realize s second hole that is not drilled and tapped, WTF? I guess it is for a 2nd stem, but it was not included so off to the parts store I went. Well at wheel #3 I realize the drilled and tapped valve stem has a lot of shrapnel in it and around the hole. I ask my father-in law to look (ex-machinist), he thought I did something to make it like that. I told him I just pulled it out of the box. He tells me to send them back, the workmanship is terrible. Check the other two, both leaking air. NICE! Pulled the stems to find the threads coming off with the stems. In fact on one wheel, they drilled the stem hole so close to the shoulder of the wheel that it tore off a piece of the metal when I snugged it down.

Moral is sometimes trying out a product because it is new and to not have wheels like everybody else is stupid. A proven product usually gets that way for a reason. I am calling the vendor in the AM to tell them I want my money and they can have their wheels back. I guess so many people run the WE wheels for a reason. I will be going that route, just hope I can get them in time for the World of Wheels on Feb 9th. Worst part is they looked really good on my rig.

beadlock_desert.jpg

Man that sucks, I know you were stoked to get them. The Walker Evans will be badass

It sucks to spend over 1k on something and have it turn out to not be as billed. Poor worksmanship for sho

DavidsCJ7 said:
Matt, I ordered my WE's from Northridge 4x4. I think they took about 2-3 weeks to come in.

Thanks for the info, I am sure they are built to order just like the KMC's. Hopefully they will make it in time

Thats terrible. I just got a set of these MRW beadlocks and they seam great. You should try them.

Just kidding. Don't forget if you want to run these 37 Sticky Krawlers on your old rims for world of wheels they are yours for the using.

Thanks man, I might end up taking you up on that. We will see how this all plays out. Hopefully, Camburg is not closed for Robert E Lee day

Damn Matt, that sucks on the wheels. Check with David at Northridge, of the places I have taliked to he has the best deal on them.

I will check with Northrdige, Nolen sent me to a place called MetalTech and I have previously gotten quotes from Shaeffer's also

Guys if you know anybody that has a set of 8 lug Walker's for sale please let me know. I would like something in the 4.5" BS range, but I am flexible. It looks like I am gonna be cutting it super close on time with the WOW, so I need to find a used set or some sitting on a shelf somewhere

BamaTJ said:
Guys if you know anybody that has a set of 8 lug Walker's for sale please let me know. I would like something in the 4.5" BS range, but I am flexible. It looks like I am gonna be cutting it super close on time with the WOW, so I need to find a used set or some sitting on a shelf somewhere
Mine didn't have tires on them this morning, different story now though :flipoff1:

Sorry to here about the KMC's. Here's what I did to look different with a WE wheel, run another companies lock ring. I'll have pics next week of mine. Waiting on threaded inserts to reassemble.

guys if anybody has a set of 17" beadlocks they want to sell I need them. Keith said I could borrow his Krawlers/MRT's off the brown jeep if all else fails, but I would really like to be on my own wheels/tires. If you can help a brother out let me know.

how much would a feller give for a set?? i might sell you mine and get me some double bead locks

Are yours WE? Are they 8 lug? Allegedly KMC is going to send me a set minus the extra valve stem hole and they will be here in 7 days. But if something falls through I may be intersted in yours.

damn Matt just bought 11 of those biatches.. 6 for the prerunner and 5 for his new buggy that hasn't been started yet I hope they don't all suck balls...

BTW he got them with the CORR rings for $220ea pepper.gif

MUCHADO said:
damn Matt just bought 11 of those biatches.. 6 for the prerunner and 5 for his new buggy that hasn't been started yet I hope they don't all suck balls...

BTW he got them with the CORR rings for $220ea pepper.gif

Rob tell him to just find a NPT plug to put in the drilled/tapped valve stem hole as it is only used on desert trucks with some special tubed BFG's. And tell him to inspect that hole for metal shavings and maybe hit it with a tap to be safe. Also, use the liquid thread sealant, blow the hole out with air and use WD-40 on the threads and don't tighten it down, just snug it up. Better safe than sorry, that was the core of my problem and the shitty part is I did not even need that 2nd valve stem, it is just for desert racing trucks that run a certain set of tires. Dumb as **** I know.

Latest posts