• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KMC Wheels Suck!

They can either give you all money back and get beat up on PBB... or they can overnight you a set of CORRECT wheels .

Ask for THE BOSS when you speak to them again. I agree unacceptable.

Yeah you should of heard the message I left them. Calling back again today to the vendor and to KMC to vent. I will not run a set of their wheels, I don't care if they have me another set by tommorrow. They have had 8 chances and the failed each time. Fawk them. I wish my camera could zoom tight because I was gonna take pics and show you. This is beyond shitty and I am going to drag them through the mud on PBB like nobody's business. People should be aware that they put out a shitty product.

On the replacement note, anybody know any allied vendors? I will probably end up with another set of MRT's with narrow rings. Funny how stupid that is, but they never let me down and are the closest to me so I have the best chance of getting them soon. I should of never sold mine and it would of been all good. Oh well, I learned a lesson.

Go2guy on PBB is an MRT Vendor last I knew.

Gunmetalcruz had some thick alum. rings made through MRT for his steelies. Best of both worlds IMO.

Matt, where are you on wheels for the WOW? If you want, you can have mine off the Purple Jeep. We can even dismount the tires and you can paint the rings any color you want.

Except that gay pink. :flipoff1:

Thanks for the help and support guys, I appreciate that a ton. I have several problems the first being that I need a set of 8 lug loaners that are 17's. Keith told me I can borrow the wheel/tires of the brown jeep, so I can probably do that.

I need some help, through out vendors, manufacturers, anybody that makes or sells locks. MRT is out of 8 lug centers, WE is out of blanks, I can't get in touch with Allied, etc. I have a ride the week after that I will have to miss if I cannot get a new set.

Ricky thanks for the number at Allied, doesn't seem to work though. Bones the cheapest wheels Champion sells are $350/each. My price range is less is about $50-100 less than that. Thanks though, keep the comments coming.

Can you plug the extra hole? can you TIG it shut? Come options.

You say they suck but everything you mention is drill and tap realated. i agree they should have been good out of the box, but they weren't can you fix them, keep 'em. They look bling as hell.

As far as bashing on Pirate, I know as much as they suck and you feel screwed, I think it always (ok, 9 out of 10) looks bad for the basher as well. And depending on kmc's $'s with Lance and Camo it will probably get deleted.

I bought a set of custom steelies for my '58 from a place in Cali called Ralley America. Kid hooked me up on a discount, and sold me good on them. They showed up, all 4 leaked at the plug welds for the centers, and two centers were welded our of center, so they clown car'ed going down the road. It took 6 months and shipping wheels back and forth, but they finally got them right, and made good with throwing in a bunch of other stuff. I coulda bashed them on a board that they are all over, but they literally had tons of positive reviews from customers. They are however just mom and pop and i thought my 1 experience against all the positive ones was the wrong way to go, to light them up in public. They finally made good but was over a 6 month hassle. Some times restraint is the best, we all know on this board, and I know that counts immensly. The mass on PBB, who cares. Just my opinions and experiences.

Maybe KMC will give you an extra set of rings for the future and your hassle.

Make the KMC's work for a couple weeks and keep bitching until you get them for damn near free and then they will not be so shitty.

I refuse to fix a wheel I paid $250 to run them. I am tired for fawking with these wheels and even if I fixed them I would never trust them in the woods. They would surely let me down. I don't think the fix would be easy as the hole is cast into the wheel. I refuse to run them, I may miss some rides and some fun, but oh well it happens. I am the dumbass for selling my old perfectly good wheels because they didn't look cool. They worked and I never had a problem with them. I have some vendors checking on Allied's for me, I might luck up there as they don't build all their locks to order.

FAWK KMC

BamaTJ said:
I am the dumbass for selling my old perfectly good wheels because they didn't look cool.
FAWK KMC

Best post in this thread !! thumb.gif Those wheels never let you down and I have cringed more than once watchin you wheel laughing

I am running Robbie Gordons on my next buggy. They are over 3 bills each though. Check with Brian at TC. He got set up as a vendor when we ordered mine.

The vendor called and apologized and said that he lit up the KMC guys and they were just dumbounded. Where it leaks in the valve stem is on the edge of the wheel, there is a pre machined bb sized hold that feeds into the tire behind. I am sure it could be tigged, or epoxed to make work, I just hate doing that and knowing that is what held together. Should I just saw fawk it and have it rigged to work and try to get some free **** out of them? Alex at PORC has a set of the badass Allied Monsters that can be here in 3-4 days, which means no wheel borrowing and no missing rides. They come with a hefty price tag though, but at this point I don't really care.