• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KMC Wheels Suck!

Sorry guys, my only experience with welding a wheel was a steelie with a leak, it just made it worse. I would really hope for something to work out of the box as advertised. The vendor suggested epoxy, I don't think that would hold long term though.

DO NOT epoxy them.!!!!

Welding them is not a patch. Forged wheels are not, they are aluminum, probably a high grade aluminum which makes it easier to weld. The last wheel I, dad actually did, welded up had a piece about the size of your fist, he hit a curband busted it out. It was on a daully and that was about two years ago and it is still running strong.

I agree that they should be ready to go out of the box, but the old saying **** happens has come into effect for you.

Thanks guys, I may bring one ever to do a test patch on and see how it works. As of now, a vendor that has always been awesome for me bailed me out again. Alex and PORC searched the country for some Allieds and found the exact set I wanted sitting in a warehouse in TN. They are a good bit more than my old set, but I needed a wheel and they will be here in 2 days MAX. Thanks to Alex, he has always done me right, even though he gets slandered on PBB from time to time.

Matt

Sounds like that is the way you need to go. Get a set that you know works and go riding. thumb.gif

BamaTJ said:
Thanks guys, I may bring one ever to do a test patch on and see how it works. As of now, a vendor that has always been awesome for me bailed me out again. Alex and PORC searched the country for some Allieds and found the exact set I wanted sitting in a warehouse in TN. They are a good bit more than my old set, but I needed a wheel and they will be here in 2 days MAX. Thanks to Alex, he has always done me right, even though he gets slandered on PBB from time to time.

Matt

Hope they get there and praise them when they do. I got the same story on a tire and waited two weeks for that "warehouse that it was sitting in" to actually ship it. laughing

I do hope it works out, you been gettin the long stroke on this whole deal from the start.

I have always hood good luck with them in the past, he knows how badly I need them and I am sure he will make it happen

been ready this post and man it sucks i feel for ya man hope you get it resolved i put a xfer case ebrake on my yota from sky and only got 1/2 the parts and the rotor was not tapped . i called them up and they said they inspect every box they ship after some bitching i got the rest of the parts . hope it works out

Yeah it sucks getting shitty parts that you spend hard earned money on. Hopefully I will get the Allied's in time and will not have to worry about it anymore

Just got back in town and read all of this, now i feel like crap for stealing your wheels. All they ever needed was a good coat of paint. You know that you can use them all you want as I am in the middle of repairs. Running 37's may be humbling but they would get you through.

I've dealt with him about 4 times, and will never deal with him again, same thing eveytime took me forever to get the wrong parts then had to send them back. All my friends have pretty much had the same problems. dunno

Really? I have bought a ton of stuff from him with no problems except so hubs/shafts we bought for P. Yeah had some dumbasses working for him a while back, but he fixed that

My personal luck hasnt been good with them . They are inconsistant on service... how about we just agree on that and let it go laughing