• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH 2020

Yea buddy!
48839905366_b8f1749f3c_b.jpg

Pack for all weather but pack light. Hot, dry, cold, wet, windy, dusty, muddy, etc. All of it can happen in the desert quickly.

Pack for all weather but pack light. Hot, dry, cold, wet, windy, dusty, muddy, etc. All of it can happen in the desert quickly.
This is no ****! First time I went I got a sunburn the first day, nearly blown away with 60 mph winds that night, and snow the following morning!

Carry goggles and a bandana to filter the sand out of your lungs if you are going out riding. We almost froze to death at night sleeping in an enclosed trailer but we had a blast.

I'm going back this year for the 6th time. KOH is definitely a blast. The wheeling out there is awesome and totally different than around here (TN) but much of the reason I go back every year is to spend time and ride with the west coast friends I've made over the years.

As far as prep goes I'd recommend the following..
1. Definitely pack warm clothes and snacks in your rig before you leave camp for the day. I've left camp in calm T-shirt weather and returned in 25 degree 40 mph winds before.
2. As mentioned, goggles and a bandana are a life saver.
3. A gps that with a track option can be a lifesaver especially after dark. Once you're on the other side of a mountain or out of sight of hammertown and the sun goes down it is basically impossible to keep track of which way you came from or need to go. Hard to explain to someone who's never experienced it before but after dark, all you can see is what your lights shine on around you and everything looks the same. Also sometimes it can be hard to find your camp in the middle of 1000's of other camps so having your camp location saved on gps helps with this as well.
4. Carry all of your basic trail fix necessities.. tools, electrical supplies, air compressor, hi lift, jumper cables etc. While a number of trails are within 2-3 miles of camp, many others are 10-15 miles away so being able to make small trail fix repairs on site can be a life saver.
5. Make sure your rig is well maintained and ride with people you trust. These trails, especially the ones close to hammertown see a ton of traffic during the week so if you break down in the middle of one it can create a cluster F pretty quick.

I'll be there. Anybody that can or wants to please say hi. Volunteering to help with the races. Y'all be safe. Looking forward to watching Hardlines very own podcaster and many of his interviews race. Best off road week of the year for me. Also very much hoping to see some bouncers beat on some trails. The races are awesome. The shenanigans around them are unbelievable.

I'll be there helping pit for the SXS race and then enjoying the week. We froze last time I went in a RV. The heat couldn't keep up with 20 something degree temps. Don't get caught off guard by the warm days without cold weather gear, it can turn cold quick. I'm not a big fan of them but big light bars are your friend in the desert. Like mentioned, goggles and bandannas are a must. It's one hell of a good time. The grip on trails is unreal.

I wish we were going out for KOH 2020, but it wasn't in the cards for this year. Hopefully 2021 changes that though.

Here's a couple of decent articles about what to expect/bring at KOH.

I'm going back this year for the 6th time. KOH is definitely a blast. The wheeling out there is awesome and totally different than around here (TN) but much of the reason I go back every year is to spend time and ride with the west coast friends I've made over the years.

As far as prep goes I'd recommend the following..
1. Definitely pack warm clothes and snacks in your rig before you leave camp for the day. I've left camp in calm T-shirt weather and returned in 25 degree 40 mph winds before.
2. As mentioned, goggles and a bandana are a life saver.
3. A gps that with a track option can be a lifesaver especially after dark. Once you're on the other side of a mountain or out of sight of hammertown and the sun goes down it is basically impossible to keep track of which way you came from or need to go. Hard to explain to someone who's never experienced it before but after dark, all you can see is what your lights shine on around you and everything looks the same. Also sometimes it can be hard to find your camp in the middle of 1000's of other camps so having your camp location saved on gps helps with this as well.
4. Carry all of your basic trail fix necessities.. tools, electrical supplies, air compressor, hi lift, jumper cables etc. While a number of trails are within 2-3 miles of camp, many others are 10-15 miles away so being able to make small trail fix repairs on site can be a life saver.
5. Make sure your rig is well maintained and ride with people you trust. These trails, especially the ones close to hammertown see a ton of traffic during the week so if you break down in the middle of one it can create a cluster F pretty quick.

Nate knows what's up. You can take his advise to the bank!

Good advice. I was more concerned with what it was like to get to the spectator areas and stuff. Seems like it's definitely not walkable. I'll plan for the Jeep.

We hit Glamis this weekend and it was a good time. First time I had done the dunes. The wind never stops out there so I expect the hammers to be the same.

I'll be there. Anybody that can or wants to please say hi. Volunteering to help with the races. Y'all be safe. Looking forward to watching Hardlines very own podcaster and many of his interviews race. Best off road week of the year for me. Also very much hoping to see some bouncers beat on some trails. The races are awesome. The shenanigans around them are unbelievable.
We definitely need to meet up. All my wheeling buddies out here moved or sold out.

CanAm UTV King of the Hammers Opening Weekend

Thursday, January 30, 2020

12:00 PM Pre-Running Opens / Course Map Released – Must be Registered

Friday January 31, 2020

Hammertown Opens

Pre Running Full Course

9:00 AM Tech Opens - All new cars need to be teched by close of tech on Monday

Saturday February 1, 2020

Pre Running Full Course

10:00 AM Mandatory Can-Am UTV KOH Drivers Meeting

11:00 AM – 4:00PM Can-Am UTV KOH Qualifying on short course

Sunday February 2, 2020 ~ The Can-Am UTV King of the Hammers, presented by HCR

8:00 AM – Can Am UTV King of the Hammers Presented by HCR Starts

4:00 PM – Can Am UTV King of the Hammers Presented by HCR Ends

Nitto King of the Hammers Week

Monday February 3, 2020 ~ 4WP Qualifying and the Holly EFi Shootout, presented by King Shocks & Action Sports Canapoies

Pre Running Day (short course closed for pre running) & Shootout

8 AM Qualifying Driver Meeting for 4WP EMC

9 AM – 4PM – 4500/4800 Qualifying on short course

12:00 PM Vendor Show opens

4:30 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for 4400 Qualifying

5:00 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for Shootout

6:00 PM – 9:00 PM Holley EFi Shootout Presented by King Shocks & Action Sports Canopies

9 PM Can-Am UTV KOH Awards, Shootout Awards, Entertainment (Monster Energy stage in Hammertown)

Tuesday February 4, 2020 ~ 4WP Qualifying and the Pit Crew Challenge, presented by ProEagle, Buggy Whips, and Boxo Tools

Pre Running Day (short course closed)

8:00 AM Start of 4400 Qualifying on short course

12:00 - 6:00 PM 4WP EMC Tech and Contingency

12:00 - 8:00 PM Vendor Hours in Hammertown

5:00 PM Close of Qualifying

5:30 PM Pit Crew Challenge Sponsored by Pro Eagle, Buggy Whips, and Boxo Tools

7:00 PM Mandatory drivers meeting for all EMC racers

Wednesday February 5, 2020 ~ 4WP Every Man Challenge (includes the Yukon 4500 class, the Branik 4800 class, and the Spidertrax 4600 class)

8:00 AM Start of 4WP Every Man Challenge Race

12:00 - 2:00 PM Toyo Desert Invitational Race Tech and Contingency

6:00 PM End of 4WP EMC Race

7:00 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for Toyo Desert Invitational

8:00 PM Volunteer Meeting

8:00 PM King Shocks Party

8:00 PM EMC Awards, Entertainment (Monster Energy in Hammertown)

Thursday February 6, 2020 ~ 2nd Annual Toyo Desert Invitational, presented by Monster Energy

8:00 AM Prologue Toyo Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy

10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Toyo Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy

12:00 - 7:00 PM KOH Tech and Contingency in Hammertown

5:00 PM T1 Awards (Main stage in Hammertown)

6:00 PM Volunteer Dinner

7:00 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for Nitto King of the Hammers Race

8:00 PM Volunteer Staffing meeting

Friday February 7, 2020 ~ Nitto King of the Hammers Powered by OPTIMA Batteries

6:00 AM Driver Line Up Nitto King of the Hammers Powered by OPTIMA Batteries Race

8:00 AM Start of the Nitto King of the Hammers Powered by OPTIMA Batteries Race

2:00 – 5:00 Tech and GPS Download Motos

8:00 PM Riders Meeting

10:00 PM Close of the Nitto King of the Hammers Race, powered by OPTIMA Batteries

Saturday February 8, 2020 ~ The Progressive King of the Motos, the GenRight Off Road KOH Experience, the Gambler 500 / HooptieX, Closing Ceremonies

9:30 AM GenRight Off Road KOH Experience, presented by Visoin X start

8:00 AM Progressive King of the Motos Prologue Start – 1 Lap

10:00 AM – 4:00 PM Progressive King of the Motos Main Start – 3 Laps

4:30 PM Gambler 500 infield festivities / HooptieX

7:30 PM Monster Energy Closing Ceremonies ~ KOH Awards, KOM Awards (Monster Energy stage in Hammertown)

**Times subject to change.**

Good advice. I was more concerned with what it was like to get to the spectator areas and stuff. Seems like it's definitely not walkable. I'll plan for the Jeep.

We hit Glamis this weekend and it was a good time. First time I had done the dunes. The wind never stops out there so I expect the hammers to be the same.

You can drive a stock vehicle to the spectator areas for back door and chocolate thunder without a problem. If you have a stock 4wd you can easily get around through the desert to the entrances and exits of most of the trails out there. We were headed back from spooners canyon one year, probably 5-6 miles from hammertown and we passed a Subaru station wagon if that tells you anything.

How do you freeze in an RV with or without heat? Bring a real sleeping bag. The My Little Pony sleepover one from Wal-Mart ain't gonna get it done.

lots of ways I'd imagine. Some people don't "plan" on beingthere and show to help a friend. Easy way to not have the proper gear. Some RV's aren't insulated at all and heat is an afterthought. Sometimes it rains and you get caught in that.

I am flying over from germany for the 4th time. This event is epic. I guess best advice is googles and clothes for basically everything. I dont think i know anyone on here personally, but hope i meet you out there somehow. I am one of the green media vests :D. Filming for my YT Channel Team4MOffroad.

lots of ways I'd imagine. Some people don't "plan" on beingthere and show to help a friend. Easy way to not have the proper gear. Some RV's aren't insulated at all and heat is an afterthought. Sometimes it rains and you get caught in that.

Exactly, we were in a cruise America motor home that is paper thin. A good fart had more heat than that rv. We didn't bring our good sleeping bags because we weren't expecting to need them in a RV. Lessons learned. It can get cold quick. We will be much better prepared this year.

Go time boys...

Attachments

• D1AB05F9-E4D7-4EEA-855D-7AD1511C05DE.jpeg
    D1AB05F9-E4D7-4EEA-855D-7AD1511C05DE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 301
  • ED36A5B0-55EE-4A63-A79C-531740276C8E.png
    ED36A5B0-55EE-4A63-A79C-531740276C8E.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 277

Latest posts