• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

krawler red label 39" vs tsl sx stickys 43"

pholmann said:
Man I'm really just starting to think that boat ramp is a married woman. You may get denied. You may not. You just never know. What a temperamental bitch.
Yep, that bitch denied me again this weekend, then tossed me over just to make sure I knew she was not interested. :****: Watched Sam and Danny make hot laps on it with reds. I'm starting to think that my reds may be fake laughing1, except that they go like hell everywhere but boatramp.

44BRAND said:
Yep, that bitch denied me again this weekend, then tossed me over just to make sure I knew she was not interested. :****: Watched Sam and Danny make hot laps on it with reds. I'm starting to think that my reds may be fake laughing1, except that they go like hell everywhere but boatramp.

My reds only seem to go at 5000k rpms, I completely understand

So this is one of the few threads that I have seen weight mentioned as a factor for tire choice. I have a big, heavy truggy. 5600# 115"wb,

I currently have 38' x 16.5 swampers. Looking at getting into a 40-42" tire....obvious choices are 39" red, 42" trep(non sticky), 43 sx(non sticky) 2 of those require new wheels, 2 are reg compound.....not I cannot swing the price of a 43 sx sticky or trep sticky.....I would also consider a 40" Creepy. or even a kr3....

I have never had a sidewall failure with me 38' tsl's, or bogger. Granted i try to watch what I am doing, not a rockbouncer point and shoot type...

Re:

I'd buy used stickys before I bought a regular, non sticky tire. I currently have 3 used sets and they will go where brand new (insert non sticky tire name here) tires won't, almost every situation, almost every time. If you wheel every day where you are wearing out a set of tires every 6 months or do a lot of road driving would be the only reason I wouldn't suggest a sticky tire.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

pennsylvaniaboy said:
So this is one of the few threads that I have seen weight mentioned as a factor for tire choice. I have a big, heavy truggy. 5600# 115"wb,

I currently have 38' x 16.5 swampers. Looking at getting into a 40-42" tire....obvious choices are 39" red, 42" trep(non sticky), 43 sx(non sticky) 2 of those require new wheels, 2 are reg compound.....not I cannot swing the price of a 43 sx sticky or trep sticky.....I would also consider a 40" Creepy. or even a kr3....

I have never had a sidewall failure with me 38' tsl's, or bogger. Granted i try to watch what I am doing, not a rockbouncer point and shoot type...

with you being that heavy, wait for a deal on a set of used 43sx stickies to come up for sale

not sure how the 42 treps will do on a heavier (that heavy) rig

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I'd buy used stickys before I bought a regular, non sticky tire. I currently have 3 used sets and they will go where brand new (insert non sticky tire name here) tires won't, almost every situation, almost every time. If you wheel every day where you are wearing out a set of tires every 6 months or do a lot of road driving would be the only reason I wouldn't suggest a sticky tire.

mine last years.........wheel 4-5 times/yr. my only other concern with a sticky is rot. Although most people dont seem to be selling used 43's.....since its all the rage....

pennsylvaniaboy said:

My father-in-law had this truggy, that weighed about the same as yours, maybe a little more. He ran 39 reds the whole time he owned it, and it went well. We wheel all over TN. & AL.

Attachments

• Chuck Truggy.jpg
    Chuck Truggy.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 147
redneckengineered said:
A good friend of mine built that. We wheeled together for years, back in the Tellico days. It was an awesome rig.

He did a good job, it was built well. He ended up putting rear steer and ORI's on it before he got rid of it. I think it is in Michigan now and has 42 treps on it last I heard.

natedawgxj said:
I love those wheels. What kind are they..

Man I thought they were awesome too, they are Raceline Renegade 8's and they don't make them in true beadlocks anymore, they must not have done well :dunno:

Re: Re:

pennsylvaniaboy said:
mine last years.........wheel 4-5 times/yr. my only other concern with a sticky is rot. Although most people dont seem to be selling used 43's.....since its all the rage....
One set of mine is old. They were originally on Madram11's Jims buggy. I don't know if they are ten years old, but they do pull just as good as any other Red I have seen.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:

This! Used stickys are the gateway drug. You will never go back.
Id look for a set of used 40 Treps. They are true to size and beefy. I love reds, but on a heavy rig that gets abused, Id worry a lot less about sidewall with Maxxis or SXs.

Re: Re: krawler red label 39" vs tsl sx stickys 43"

zukimaster said:
You think Cole put a little extra sticky juice in them since they was his tires? :****:
That is a good question. I know the build stickers with his name on them had a smiley face on his set of Reds and the KRT's did not.

Latest posts