• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

krawler red label 39" vs tsl sx stickys 43"

Here's a pic. of rocky. I have to say I like the Krawlers but the sidewall has me leaning to the Sx's.

Attachments

• 002 - Copy.JPG
    002 - Copy.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_1503[1] - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1503[1] - Copy.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 426
why not 42 reds? I love mine. They look sexy with the 20 inch wheels :smoke:

Ive been running reds for 5 or 6 years. Never had an issue with side wall.

bacdbef93b90d366654963d2ff8433d2.jpg

Re: Re: krawler red label 39" vs tsl sx stickys 43"

tall boy said:
why not 42 reds? I love mine. They look sexy with the 20 inch wheels :smoke:

Ive been running reds for 5 or 6 years. Never had an issue with side wall.

bacdbef93b90d366654963d2ff8433d2.jpg
Part of your problem is that you actually know how to drive.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

My rig is about the same weight as yours and I'm on the 39 reds right now. I'm also in Houston so I'm hitting the same parks you are. You can definitely see a difference in the sidewall durability between my tires and my buddies who are on the 43 tsl's. That being said, I've never had to vulcanize one and all are still holding air. I did start running a higher air pressure though to minimize the sidewall damage. I run 10(f) and 8(r) now where as when I started I was going with 6(f) and 4(r). Tires still perform great at the higher air pressure and I'm not tearing up sidewalls nearly as bad. Once I burn through these, I may go to the 43 tsl's just for the additional ground clearance but for performance wise, I couldn't be happier with my reds.

Well I must say I like the 42 TSL SX2's I have right now. However, I have a warranty issue and if I am reimbursed I will go with the sticky compound tires in which ever brand and purchase a set of double bead locks from John at Stazworks. I like the sidewall protection of the thicker tsl's because my driving needs some improvement. I don't mind sticking a tire on the sidewall and don't want to have to baby it all the time. Is this an issue with the Krawlers? In the same sense are the tsl's as sticky or grippy as the krawlers? Do they tend to tear more easily with the larger lugs? Price is also a concern I have seen 877.00 bfg's verses 750.00 for tsl's. Won't break the bank but dang.

Rock Mule said:
Well I must say I like the 42 TSL SX2's I have right now. However, I have a warranty issue and if I am reimbursed I will go with the sticky compound tires in which ever brand and purchase a set of double bead locks from John at Stazworks. I like the sidewall protection of the thicker tsl's because my driving needs some improvement. I don't mind sticking a tire on the sidewall and don't want to have to baby it all the time. Is this an issue with the Krawlers? In the same sense are the tsl's as sticky or grippy as the krawlers? Do they tend to tear more easily with the larger lugs? Price is also a concern I have seen 877.00 bfg's verses 750.00 for tsl's. Won't break the bank but dang.

Reds are stickier and lighter than tsls.

New 39's are $500ea.

For what it's worth when I had reds on my jeep I had no problems at boatramp. Switched to 43 stickies and fully expected to be denied but it walked it easier than with reds. Then surprisingly the person I sold my reds to couldn't make it up on the same tires.

43s lookcooler too

And because I miss it I will post a picture. Brand new sticky day.

4DB25BED-7A8E-42AD-9BCE-439A8E63E294_zpsucuqhdbv.jpg

Robbiem said:
For what it's worth when I had reds on my jeep I had no problems at boatramp. Switched to 43 stickies and fully expected to be denied but it walked it easier than with reds. Then surprisingly the person I sold my reds to couldn't make it up on the same tires.

Showoff....

;)

Re: Re: krawler red label 39" vs tsl sx stickys 43"

Robbiem said:

43s lookcooler too

And because I miss it I will post a picture. Brand new sticky day.

4DB25BED-7A8E-42AD-9BCE-439A8E63E294_zpsucuqhdbv.jpg
Thanks for not mentioning my name Robbie! I can't confirm Robbie walking boat ramp on TSL'S but I can confirm he was up it and out of his Jeep before I got to it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk