• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

krawler red label 39" vs tsl sx stickys 43"

Rock Mule

Rock Mule
Hi all, just wanted to say hello and ask the question Krawlers red label 39" or TSL SX stickeys 43". If it was your money what would you throw your money at.

Thanks
Rock Mule

Weight of buggy? Type riding you do? There's a lot to go into it. 43 six is tough and offers good ground clearance. JohnG crawled on 39 reds, almost everything he pointed his buggy at.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Weight of buggy? Type riding you do? There's a lot to go into it. 43 six is tough and offers good ground clearance. JohnG crawled on 39 reds, almost everything he pointed his buggy at.

X2. Welcome to Hardline.

Buggy is a 67 bronco weight is 4500 to 5000 lbs. with 42" TSL SX2's. I am a rookie and have only crawled at Katemcy K2 and Wolf Caves 3,4,5 rated trails on granite. I plan to go to Hot Springs in Sept. for OCBR. I may be replacing TSL' s with one of the above mentioned just want to make an informed decision.

Thanks
Rock Mule

That heavy of a rig I definitely say sx's. I'm 4300 and wouldn't even consider reds due to weight. Also red SUCK in the mud so if you encounter mud mixed in at all go sx's. The reds are a sticky mofo but the sidewalks are considerably weaker than the swampers. You have to really pay attention to what your doing to protect the sidewalls. I drive like an idiot so it was a no brainer for me.

I would say 42 treps also im in Houston and wheels those places often I also get a hell of a deal on 42 comp treps. :****:

I like my 43 SX`s but, I can`t deny the fact those damn red labels are sticky as a sum bitch. I`ve seen them dry out and smoke on boat ramp with water running down the damn rock. Don`t get much stickier than that. That being said about every used set I see for sale seems to always have at least one out of a set that's been vulcanized. I would guess that the side wall isn`t as strong as a SX.

I got to drive the same rig with both on the same exact obstacle and although the extra ground clearance is nice with the 43s, theyre no Red... still made the climb but not as easy as with the Reds.

I got to ride with a group last weekend at windrock that had about every brand of sticky tire you could imagine including a brand new set of sticky treps. I have to say this, none handled the muddy rocks at all except the sx's. This isn't a biased opinion. It's actual riding. Selvey (redline diesel) was with me and we watched all of them winch places we didn't have to. There were creepy crawlers, reds, and treps along with some other ultra 4 type tires. In the dry the did bite but in the muddy rocks and just dirt/wet trails, they sucked. Granted, every park is different but for East Tennessee parks this has been my experience.

pholmann said:
I got to ride with a group last weekend at windrock that had about every brand of sticky tire you could imagine including a brand new set of sticky treps. I have to say this, none handled the muddy rocks at all except the sx's. This isn't a biased opinion. It's actual riding. Selvey (redline diesel) was with me and we watched all of them winch places we didn't have to. There were creepy crawlers, reds, and treps along with some other ultra 4 type tires. In the dry the did bite but in the muddy rocks and just dirt/wet trails, they sucked. Granted, every park is different but for East Tennessee parks this has been my experience.
Interesting. I was about to pull the trigger on the 42 Treps. I may hold up.

I'd say ride with someone who has them first. Granted these were brand new and I've heard they suck until they wear in a little but it made me glad I went the direction I did.

pholmann said:

X2 on this. I have non stickys, so I'm just disgruntled all the way around and hate everyone that has them!

Rokcrler said:
I got to drive the same rig with both on the same exact obstacle and although the extra ground clearance is nice with the 43s, theyre no Red... still made the climb but not as easy as with the Reds.

^^^^^^^This. I was denied on Boatramp with 43's in front of Casey and he crawled it while only wearing 1 Red and 3 Thornturds. Embarrassing to say the least. :'(

ADMINISTRATOR

I got denied on boatramp on 40in sticky treps last time around.

I will have almost new 39in reds on it this weekend. Interested to see how it goes.

I didn't get a chance to try it on my 42 treps yet.

smbroady82 said:
I got denied on boatramp on 40in sticky treps last time around.

I will have almost new 39in reds on it this weekend. Interested to see how it goes.

I didn't get a chance to try it on my 42 treps yet.

I did the tire test when I got my bruiser chassis with Goodyear MTR's and thought I would just walk BR, NOT.............. Traded them to some guy for his Reds and went back and absolutely was amazed. Walked up, stopped, backed down, went up and over, backed down halfway- stopped, then went back over the top again. NIGHT AND DAY difference. I watched Cole Shirley do the same in the pouring down rain in his Jim's garage buggy. They are the top of the food chain for crawling in my opinion. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
^^^^^^^This. I was denied on Boatramp with 43's in front of Casey and he crawled it while only wearing 1 Red and 3 Thornturds. Embarrassing to say the least. :'(

ADMINISTRATOR

Casey? who's that? :dunno: :stir:

Latest posts