• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Krawler Red Label - Full Tread vs. Reduced Tread (aka Half Treads)

TBItoy

So if you were buyin a new set of 39" Reds, which would you choose?

Also, lets say that the Reduced Treads were $50/tire cheaper.

???

I'd buy full treads for southeast wheelin… having some extra tread depth makes a lot of difference when its wet. I've had mine for 2 years (and i wheel a decent amount) and they are just now startin to fail me in muddier situations. been considering selling my more worn 2 and buying 2 new ones..

I have a set of 1/2 treads I got cheap, they are taller than full treads. I have a Toy buggy so I don't light them up like all the bouncers.

Whiten said:
I have a set of 1/2 treads I got cheap, they are taller than full treads. I have a Toy buggy so I don't light them up like all the bouncers.

I've heard that before (that they are taller) but I've never seen them side by side and new to compare.

Buying a half tread tire for a trail rig seems a bit odd to me, but then again, when I get my buggy finished, it'll pretty much be a Fair-Weather-Wheeler anyway.

TBItoy said:
I've heard that before (that they are taller) but I've never seen them side by side and new to compare.

Buying a half tread tire for a trail rig seems a bit odd to me, but then again, when I get my buggy finished, it'll pretty much be a Fair-Weather-Wheeler anyway.

this is way I feel after a 4day weekend at Harlan that was raining 3 out of 4 days

TBItoy said:

Its always about bang for your buck to me… I have to spend wisely so I try to make things last as long as possible as well… more rubber for the buck… not that I wouldn't buy half treads on a screaming deal..

Im curious where you are getting a new set of Half Tread 39s since we haven't built them in several years.

Cole said:
Im curious where you are getting a new set of Half Tread 39s since we haven't built them in several years.
hmmmmm?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Krawler Red Label - Full Tread vs. Reduced Tread (aka Half Treads)

Cole said:

I guess I'll go with full treads then lol

Cole said:

They show them available in 37 and 39 on the BFG team website

I'm unaware of these half treads. I'm assuming same tread pattern as standard red label like I have but half tread depth?

Half treads are for man-made courses, like concrete, that offer great traction. Comp buggies had trouble with the full tread blocks folding over, so they offered a half tread. Essentially they are almost broken in when new. Full treads start working great around 75% tread, depending on who you talk to.

For what you're doing, I'd get full tread, especially since half-treads might not even be available laughing1

Re: Re: Re: Re: Krawler Red Label - Full Tread vs. Reduced Tread (aka Half Treads)

rednecklights said:
hmmmm.... so, if i were order a new set today, who would I need to call ? I assume they are avail to the general public? (please excuse my ignorance)

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

You have to sign up with the racer program and provide proof that you race are or registered to race

Re: Re: Re: Re: Krawler Red Label - Full Tread vs. Reduced Tread (aka Half Treads)

TBItoy said:
You have to sign up with the racer program and provide proof that you race are or registered to race

Or just call Scott Goforth.... :dblthumb:

If Piper had a damn personal Facebook account, by now he would already know Goforth is the man for stickies molaugh

Latest posts