• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Late Night Snow Run - Recovery

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
Me and Adam decided to go play in the snow yesterday evening. We went up on the FS roads near Coplay Lake. On our way up we ran into a surprise. These people never learn, and why someone would be pulling a horse trailer and horse up in the snow when 7"-14" was being predicted for the night is beyond me. Worst part is the truck is lowered, it is 2wd, and he had his young son with him. We got to them at about 1100pm and they had been there stuck since 5pm. They were asleep in the truck with it running. It took us until shortly after 3am to get him out, up the hill, turned around, winched back into the trailer to hookup and moving again. The horse wouldn't get back in the trailer then so he tied it to the trailer and started down the hill. After that we decided to try to make it to the upper parking area and pushed deep snow until sometime around 5am when we decided to call it. We made it up the hill but it got deep up there and it was near whiteout conditions with snow falling and high winds. I made it home at about 640am this morning.

Here are some pictures of the **** show we found.

43b91e91-3d5a-1aad.jpg

43b91e91-3d6d-0a45.jpg

43b91e91-3d8e-d6f7.jpg

After all the work for almost 4 hours of winching, rigging, pulling, and ruining one of my straps, the guy drove off without so much as a thank you or **** you.

Last edited:
I had the very same thing happen to me except the other guy payed a hard price--his truck burned to the ground and I lost my winch strap..

You still did the right thing..

He was probably too embarrassed of being an idiot but that is no excuse to not thank you.I would have been your best friend for getting my junk out of there :looser:

I would do it again, and will do it again. This is my 2nd rescue recovery up there this year already. I am mostly aggravated about my damn strap, but that is what you get when they don't have tow points and you have to wrap it around the frame. I will say this, there is no doubt in my mind his alignment is ****ed after the way we spun him around in the ditch :redneck:

Last edited:
Getting paid

He probably took down your license number and has a friend in the police department.By now he has your address and is sending a check in the mail.:awesomework: