• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see the old stuff.

It's funny to me how many people here consider the late 90's and early 00's as being the old days lol.... Guess I'm old....

Back in what I call the old days you took pictures all weekend and the. Had to pay to have em developed before you could see what you got...

I ain't got easy access to any of my old days pics right now but here's a rig I almost finished building (lol) a couple days ago round about 2000

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 443
Awesome thread! I've never been too crazy about all the rock bouncing stuff that people line up to watch at parks. The old school trail rigs and riding is what I've always loved.

Keep it coming!

5BrothersFabrication said:
My Bronco when I got it, this was on pholmann's property in 05.

Here we're all loaded up to go to Dixie Run in '06.

Camp at Tellico

Slickrock

Post Slickrock

Pholmann's S-dime on Slickrock

And the rock that ended the weekend for both of us.

2nd day piled up like messicans to go watch other people play on Lower 2.
Dude u ruined a sweet 78, but i like ur style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing how the style of rigs have changed in the last 10 years, i still dig the older lines

My first trip to Harlan in my cute lil YJ. Southern Shine Crawl, May '06. I had just gotten into wheeling, but I was hooked instantly.

The man that got me into wheeling. TiredIronGRB in his FJ80 w/ Volvo Portals and 39" Iroks. Still one of the coolest rigs I've ever wheeled with. This was on Fish Fossil in Harlan, August '06. He eventually sold it and bought the buggy I posted about above.

Bumpus Cove in Erwin, TN, January '07. This was the first trip out after we did a SOA and 44/60 swap on my YJ with some bald ass 35" X-Terrains and open diffs.

Bays Mtn. Kingsport, TN, May '07. Still rocking open diffs but upgraded to 37" Iroks on re-centered H1s.

My buddies reaction in the background cracks me up. I had tha 4-banger bouncing off the rev limiter. Lol

Harlan, July '07. My YJ was under the knife for this ride, I rode shotgun with my buddy in his FJ.

Brian Jack on Mason Jar in his Yota Buggy

Toddy should recognize this guy cruising through Lion's Den

My buddy Glenn in his old FJ buggy. LT1 with side pipes, cut 42" TSLs. Thing was nasty.

And on Can Opener

Pretty sure this is Redneckengineered is his old buggy.

And the aftermath of the nastiest roll I've ever seen on Creampuff.

August '07 on some private land our old club had access to for a while. Now I had upgraded to a spool and 35 spline shafts in the rear, and Yukons, super joints, and a lunchbox locker in the front. It was a downhill slope from there.

A lot more where that came from.

5BrothersFabrication said:
My Bronco when I got it, this was on pholmann's property in 05.

Here we're all loaded up to go to Dixie Run in '06.

Camp at Tellico

Slickrock

Post Slickrock

Pholmann's S-dime on Slickrock

And the rock that ended the weekend for both of us.

2nd day piled up like messicans to go watch other people play on Lower 2.
the red S10 have dual transmissions ?

These arent real old from 06ish I think, when I first got into wheeling, Dont have many pics though.

First tube chassis I had ever seen. Was a sweet little buggy..
Brian Milsap

These Truck were huge and the guys driving them would beat the piss out of them.

Seen these toyota buggies thought they were pretty cool.

RockHales said:
the red S10 have dual transmissions ?

The s10 was mine. It had dual cases. Not in that pic. I believe that was about the 3rd trip out in it. It was 350, sm465, np205 and later 203/205. It turned out to be a pretty tough rig. Beat it to death and tore it down to build the buggy that ugly offroad on here has now. The axles in my new buggy build (http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=32444.0) are the exact same axles that were in the red s10 which later was od green with flat black race stripes.

Looks like safety has improved greatly over the years, starting back at the OP and looking at all the drivers not very many were wearing shoulder harnesses. Now a days it's rare to see someone without a 4-5 point on just trail riding :dblthumb:

Re:

A lot of these old rigs look like a lot of the rigs you see in Ohio today. I'm digging this thread!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Man it's good to see some of the old school stuff. Here's a few from about 15 years ago with film that actually had to be developed.

This was the beginning for me. Carb and no power steering
f97d3e6664a54ad5cb65ccbef3d8e655.jpg

Changed it up a bit and went to 35's and a lift before I sold it.
018b48f8af71490b2e4de67516b049f9.jpg

This was my buddies rig.
40f50e51f71ca7c586cbe785e1679efc.jpg

Bought and sold a few through a few more in the next few years
7288ac451aa2f48a99d61f816e9a9dc1.jpg

6c6aa20591cd8df5f5c5e1541ac74512.jpg

Beat on this one for about 3 years before the frame finally gave out
299405ebbb7c59be24c1e15076407249.jpg

b74562d54d7442185c3ef20d595351a1.jpg

Took the t-cases and axles out of the yellow one and put them in an 85 4Runner
1cebc23690c986a08f86b4b090b86dd4.jpg

First trip to tellico
8227bfe46234197614a3a1629eaa94ca.jpg

Edit: Sorry about the sideways pics.

pholmann said:
The s10 was mine. It had dual cases. Not in that pic. I believe that was about the 3rd trip out in it. It was 350, sm465, np205 and later 203/205. It turned out to be a pretty tough rig. Beat it to death and tore it down to build the buggy that ugly offroad on here has now. The axles in my new buggy build (http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=32444.0) are the exact same axles that were in the red s10 which later was od green with flat black race stripes.
I.think you give me a ride across the creek at tellico sometime around 98/99 ,we were camped at the crossing and a truck just like that give me a ride to the other side . May have not been the same truck but it sure looks like the same one.

Re: Re: Let's see the old stuff.

I owned this rig for a few years. Traded it to a guy in Alabama. Always wondered what happened to it.

Re: Re: Let's see the old stuff.

chopperdonk said:

I owned this rig for a few years. Traded it to a guy in Alabama. Always wondered what happened to it.

That thing was bone stock when we started on it. He couldn't decide to back half or not so I just cut it off one night.

I always wondered what happened to it too.

RockHales said:
I.think you give me a ride across the creek at tellico sometime around 98/99 ,we were camped at the crossing and a truck just like that give me a ride to the other side . May have not been the same truck but it sure looks like the same one.

Nope I didn't build that one til 05'. I was there a lot back then.

Latest posts