• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

****'ll never work. Might as well just buy a dually diesel dodge Cummins 5500. That's only tow rig worth towing anything at all. Anyone else is just risking their life and everyone else's on the road.

****'ll never work. Might as well just buy a dually diesel dodge Cummins 5500. That's only tow rig worth towing anything at all. Anyone else is just risking their life and everyone else's on the road.
If it ain't got 10-lugs then you are risking that bus full of nuns referenced on Pirate :****:

So F750 with Cummins motor or bust?
All jokes aside, I would have been better off with a F450 or Ram 4500 since it could be used as a daily driver. My old K30 would probably handle my trailer fine and get better fuel mileage. It would just need brakes and transmission rebuilds more often and it needs both now. It did one trip to Green Acres in OK with 2 buggies in my old trailer at over 29k lbs total.

The F750 is easier to drive towing than the K30 but I would have never built it if I didn't get it so cheap at auction.

2019 Chevy 2500HD High Country...for the safe towing.

1604689494423.png

2015 5.0L F150 on some 33" no name A/Ts and a small leveling kit in the front. The truck came to me lightly used with 4wd, a rear selectable locker and tow settings and both the 4 pin and 7 pin trailer connectors but no trailer brake controller. I added a stock trailer brake to the truck and reprogrammed it using Forscan. The truck pulls great, but I do see the transmission get up in temp on very steep hill climbs around the Harlan, KY area. Total weight across the scales with the LJ (5000lb) is just around 12,700lbs.
IMG_6978.jpg

Last edited:
F755D0D6-19AB-4D57-9355-457BC4D7832F.jpeg

My new to me tow pig i picked up first of summer. I brought it home in boxes it was stripped to paint and never put back togather. 97 f 350 7.3 auto with 170,000 miles. Xlt. Nicest truck iv ever had lol. The crew cab is growin on me and I HATE that auto. Im a single cab manual shift man lol

View attachment 121488
My new to me tow pig i picked up first of summer. I brought it home in boxes it was stripped to paint and never put back togather. 97 f 350 7.3 auto with 170,000 miles. Xlt. Nicest truck iv ever had lol. The crew cab is growin on me and I HATE that auto. Im a single cab manual shift man lol

my favorite style/model truck of all time.

Latest posts